AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

curious what u guys think?

Go down 
+9
acro-tiny
1SIC1500
BEAU
lowridinrebel
bdpaco
Frontin on 22's
JOEY SOPRANO
AAcrazy
pinstripin'mikey
13 posters
AuthorMessage
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

curious what u guys think? Empty
PostSubject: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:25 am

ive been talkin to a few ppl from other clubs bout the possibility of doin a small show or cruise-in somewhere in the state of florida as a charity event. pick out a charity that everyone wants to donate to, get the local businesses involved, possibly an art auction to also benefit the charity. i know alot of tattoo artists (that are painters in their free time), pinstripers, etc. to do panels and what not and auction them off at the end of the nite or day, whatever. all proceeds go to the fund etc.
not so much make it a pay to get in show, but more or less a good reason for everyone to come out for a good cause to raise money for a group that really needs it. make it known that to get into the cruise drop a donation whether its 5 bucks, canned food, a toy,or whatever. calistyle up north has been doin the toy drive for awhile now and it goes off w/out a hitch. just a something i think we should look into.

please comment
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:27 am

this is also one of my attempts to show the younger crowd another side to the minitruckin hobby we all love. as opposed to most ppl thinkin we all get thrown into the category of just meetin and drinkin, and disrespectin. maybe that last sentence i shoulda left out, but i know for a fact that all of us have much deeper roots in this hobby than what it represents any more. i know its gettin a lil better, but i think instead of pointin fingers at whos f'n it up for everybody else. we should try to put ourselves back out there to let the other ppl know that we really are good ppl, and its just as much bout family to us as it is other avenues of the kustom world and not just some nuisances cuttin up trucks.
Back to top Go down
AAcrazy
Acro Rep
AAcrazy

Male
Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:28 am

ill be there
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm

nobody at all.....? i think this thread is just gettin overlooked. no worries
Back to top Go down
JOEY SOPRANO
Acro Prospect
JOEY SOPRANO

Male
Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:06 am

sounds like a good idea ....wanted to some thing like that in cali but did not get far at all ....but good luck family
Back to top Go down
Frontin on 22's
Acro Member
Frontin on 22's

Male
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:15 am

Id be down for what ever mikey just let me know
Back to top Go down
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:18 am

Sounds like a good idea bro,
hope you can get it to take off...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
lowridinrebel

lowridinrebel

Male
Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:22 am

bdpaco wrote:
Sounds like a good idea bro,
hope you can get it to take off...

Werd...Good Idea... if I were any closer I'd be down!!!
Back to top Go down
BEAU
Acro Rep
BEAU

Male
Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Sounds like a real good idea Mikey. You got any ideas for a location or ideas for gettin some sponsors?
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:21 pm

so far everyone ive mentioned it to has had a great interest in helping do this, alot of ppl think we should try to do this out in orlando (w/ it being a central location for everyone) if u have any ideas on possible locations please feel free to hit me up.
Back to top Go down
1SIC1500

1SIC1500

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:53 pm

i am deff down. i know a ton of smaller clubs around central florida that always do some type of charity event. only thing with central florida is there should be a few classes for cars being there not that many bagged truck around orlando... but i am down. let me know what you need. i have a friend who owns advanced powdercoating and he alwayz donates for raffled or gift certificates or whatever. i can post on some more of the local forums and it would get pretty big. once you could decide on a place and time..
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:46 pm

i dont want to limit this to just minitrucks, i wanna extend this out to whoever can help the cause. one thing we've been kickin around is to do like a top 25, and have the judges be the businesses that donate items for raffle, auction, etc.in a sense that way, everything will kinda come full circle w/ the event. just a thought
Back to top Go down
BEAU
Acro Rep
BEAU

Male
Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:23 am

That sounds pretty cool the top 25 or whatever. Maybe something like "judges pic"... fullsize...mini import...mini domestic...tuner...classic car/truck...metric sport bike etc.,etc., just a sugg. I'm not real familiar with the Orlando area, but whatever help you need I'll donate whatever time I can, finding sponsors, making calls or whatever.
Back to top Go down
acro-tiny
Acro Member
acro-tiny

Male
Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:04 am

i think the children mirical net.we have a special needs little girl named morgan. she has ben in the hospital a lot.these people are the best and they really treat us like family every time.and we have stayed there for 50 days strait. i would love to do something for them.but if its a good charity that you love and respect im down like four flats and no damn spare
Back to top Go down
1SIC1500

1SIC1500

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:25 am

there is also a club in florida called "team lady fuel" its all females with cars.every event they do is for charity. they donate mainly to nathials hope. heres a link to there last show/event. it was real big. they are alwayz willing to set up an event. even a bikini carwash..

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128213
Back to top Go down
bult2drag
Acro Prospect
bult2drag

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm

sounds kool
Back to top Go down
Bigde

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 pm

i am a manager at Chillers/Big Belly/Latitudes in Orlando check out the website churchstreetbars.com so if you want a location to give away the prizes i am sure we can work something out a venue just need a local area to park the trucks but there are plenty of areas down here. Just lemme know when what day and such so i can talk to the other Managers.
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:00 am

weve been talkin bout tryin to do this in april next yr
Back to top Go down
mexicant
Acro Prospect

Male
Number of posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:52 am

let me know if i can help with anything
Back to top Go down
acroRUSS-D
Acro Rep
acroRUSS-D

Male
Number of posts : 474

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 am

pinstripin'mikey wrote:
weve been talkin bout tryin to do this in april next yr

just remember that April is the start of our rain season Mikey. Could be a wash out around that time of Year.
Back to top Go down
http://russ-d.smugmug.com
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 pm

yea this is true. still in the process of workin things out more or less. workin w/ callie from mini madness and kevin from RA on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: curious what u guys think?   curious what u guys think? Empty

Back to top Go down

curious what u guys think?
Page 1 of 1