AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

shows in '10

Go down 
+21
matt92toy
sesd
outsider
Ry(aa)n
bosspla
lowrider_501
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro RI Rob
TNMark
MikeOinAcrO
bagged69c10
AcroFarmer
aintscared
shithead
blackxtreme99
Rollin
xxxxcjxxxx
dragginhonda
Puna
Tuckin Eh
msturg
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rollin
Acro Member
Rollin

Male
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-08-26

shows in '10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:07 am

tuckin eh wrote:
the closest show on there to me would be RA according to mapquest showing 12.5 hours for me

Damn Matt your closer to the show then I am
Back to top Go down
Tuckin Eh
Acro Rep
Tuckin Eh

Male
Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 am

wow thats a first lol. don't forget to add an hour long ass raping at the border to that though
Back to top Go down
TNMark

TNMark

Male
Number of posts : 2049
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:21 am

Spring Fling (Panama City, FL): 10 hr 3min--600.28 miles
RA (Millington, TN): 7hr 27 min ---480.2 miles
Tex Mex (Somerville, TX): 17hr 15 min----1097.65 miles
Showfest (Tunica, MS): 8hr 20 min----527.86 miles
Back to top Go down
TNMark

TNMark

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

I'm a big fan of Layd out at the Park..lol
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male
Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

TNMark wrote:
I'm a big fan of Layd out at the Park..lol

lol! I bet! I will say, if you've never been to Panama City during spring break or Spring Fling they're worth the 10 hour drive. But both together, Fo Sho Fo Sho! LoL It's about a 10 or 11 hour drive for me too.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mikeoinacro
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Yeah, I totally skipped half of page 2.... LoL

msturg wrote:
I've never been to Tex Mex, and would love to go, however I get the vibe that it is a huge party show which I don't think is what the club needs. Partying yes, but a show that emphasis's it? Probably not, I think a more chill environment would go a long way for people actually talking and getting to know each other.

Good point! But i will say, Tex Mex 08 i didn't walk around and look at anything at the show that wasn't there with Acro. I started lookin online at show pics and was like, DAMN! That truck was there? LoL Everyone camped and parked in the same spot and we had a blast. The same thing for 09 but i did do a lil walkin to see what came out. We BBQ'd together, drank together, sat around and bs'd together all weekend. Neil is an F'in Master Cook BTW! But like i said, I'm game for what ever. I'd love to have a huge Acro Weekend, weather it's at a show or not. LoL

Spring Fling, Panama City, FL - 10 hours 40 minutes / 652.14 miles
RA, Millington, TN - 6 hours 17 minutes / 386.67 miles
Tex Mex, Somerville, TX - 3 hours 56 minutes / 224.29 miles (if you don't follow an RA member with GPS, if so add 2 hours...lol )
ShowFest, Tunica, MS - 6 hours 21 minutes / 381.49 miles

Hmmm.... I'm OK with any of those!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rollin
Acro Member
Rollin

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm

tuckin eh wrote:
wow thats a first lol. don't forget to add an hour long ass raping at the border to that though

That is a first, but even if you added 3 hrs to your trip you would still have me beat lol!
Back to top Go down
Acro RI Rob
Acro Member
Acro RI Rob

Male
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:10 pm

All of the shows listed is atleast a 20 hr drive (each way) from Rhode Island.
Back to top Go down
msturg

msturg

Male
Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Is there a big name show that you think would be more equal distant
Back to top Go down
Acro RI Rob
Acro Member
Acro RI Rob

Male
Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 pm

msturg wrote:
Is there a big name show that you think would be more equal distant

Like Paul posted earlier Low Rollers EOSB in New Jersey is a show to hit. Envy Frenzy in New York is another good show.

But I have not yet been to a show out west or down south, and am def due for one. As long as I have enough time to request the time out of work I should be all set, and at the moment I do not have a tow pig (looking into a few right now).
Back to top Go down
msturg

msturg

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Right now I'm honestly leaning towards ra for a couple of reasons

mostly because we have right at a year to get everything organized and it seems to be fairly central

Fairly being somewhat used liberally it is also a show that for a couple of years now has been the gathering point quite a few other big clubs

hopefully the site will pickup some more traffic this weekend and we can hear some other opinions
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:56 pm

I think that RA sounds like the most central location. I would be willing to roll to that show
10hours 36minutes 698 miles
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male
Number of posts : 3017
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:08 pm

the hardest thing is going to be the florida chapter and shiznit, cause RA isnt that far from me but im an hour west of the florida border and from mid florida (tampa area etc.) its 9 to 10 hours for me... but i wouldnt of even considered spring fling IMO, as a matter of fact i wasnt planning on going back next year and its only 2 1/2 hours for me, i think jason from georgia or maybe rrryan can help explain that situation of how the show was this past year. not trying to knock your idea at all though mike, if its what everyone decides on then ill be there like i said...

gimme bout an hour or so and ill post all my times for all the shows also...im on my phone right now lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/danielcfarmer
Puna
Acro Rep
Puna

Male
Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:07 pm

farmer get off the phone and push your buttongs damn it. lol

spring fling isnt worth it at all. if you wanna be by people wanting to touch your truck plus being in the middle of spring break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2422924
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male
Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:28 pm

RA is 4.5 hours
showfest 5 hours
texmex 9 hours
Back to top Go down
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male
Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:32 pm

im also down for ///RA being the show we need to go to.. texmex is too much of a party for me too although i have had a good time the last two years i have been. im already at showfest at the host hotel so if it comes to that im game too. I had a blast at scrapin the coast this year and i have made that show a must on my list but i REALLY want to add the SESD to my list this year as well
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:37 pm

lowrider_501 wrote:
im also down for ///RA being the show we need to go to.. texmex is too much of a party for me too although i have had a good time the last two years i have been. im already at showfest at the host hotel so if it comes to that im game too. I had a blast at scrapin the coast this year and i have made that show a must on my list but i REALLY want to add the SESD to my list this year as well

you da man G !!
Back to top Go down
Rollin
Acro Member
Rollin

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:40 am

I'm gonna say RA would be the best. I just mapquested it and I'm looking at a 16hr drive and I live in the southern tip of PA
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 am

AcroFarmer wrote:
the hardest thing is going to be the florida chapter and shiznit, cause RA isnt that far from me but im an hour west of the florida border and from mid florida (tampa area etc.) its 9 to 10 hours for me... but i wouldnt of even considered spring fling IMO, as a matter of fact i wasnt planning on going back next year and its only 2 1/2 hours for me, i think jason from georgia or maybe rrryan can help explain that situation of how the show was this past year. not trying to knock your idea at all though mike, if its what everyone decides on then ill be there like i said...

gimme bout an hour or so and ill post all my times for all the shows also...im on my phone right now lol

Oh it's all good! I just threw that out there cause of the "vacation" atmosphere for the ones that haven't been. As far as the show goes, it's an ok show but it's never just stood out as a great show to me. The only reason I've gone as many years as I have is to see my friends from P-cola and Tally. It's just been kind of a meeting place/time for us. But in 08 when we went we didn't party it up like we have in the past. Started to go to Club La Vila and after driving in the parking lot we decided we have finally got to old to do the spring break party at La Vila... LoL So we just got booze and went back to the condo. Hell, we didn't even go to the show on sun. We went to Ripleys and the beach cause it was the only barely warm day. LoL
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:32 am

yeah same here mike, ive went the last couple years just cause it is a fun enviroment and i get to see a bunch of friends that i dont always get to see all the time, hell alot of ppl make that show there only show all year round along with scrapin so thats the only time i get to kick it with them all year, and the night life is great! but as far as the show, you need to have "40 inch rims and 3 loud speakers under the car" as quoted from jason to even place so, not like it matters placing or anything but it just goes to show what the show is full of and it seems that no nice trucks even cruise the stip at night anymore i remember years ago when i first went it was back to back with mini's and fullsizes but nowadays its just donks and stock rides with loud speakers and 4x4's with mud all over them, but its still none the less fun

spring fling(panama city): 3 hours
///RA all star (millingotn, tn): 6 hours
Texmex(somerville, tx): 9 hours
showfest(tunica, ms): 6 hours

i can see it either being RA or showfest because tunica is only 20 to 30 min south of millington and there both centrally located pretty much...just my two pennies though, lets hear some more input!
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am

ooohh and i just hit 1000 posts!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:36 am

AcroFarmer wrote:
ooohh and i just hit 1000 posts!!! cheers
slow poke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
TNMark

TNMark

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 am

post whore
Back to top Go down
msturg

msturg

Male

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 am

I'm just throwing this reasoning out there, want to see if others agree.

We not only need people to show up but with vehicles. With that being said, the further we have to plan the more likely this is to happen. I know if I have committed to going to a show a typically try harder to make it there with a vehicle unless it truly just doesn't work out. Plans never go as planned so setting the goal for one year from now gives us plenty of time to spread the word on here as well as off the boards where most Acro these days reside.

With one year of planning gives us time to make decisions like what hotel we should all stay at. Organize cruises from other states, as well as start pinching pennies in order to make it out.

Again, just throwing these reasons out there as to why I'm leaning towards RA '10

btw, is it kosher to Oh-ten? lol
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 am

SES i think needs to a focus to get more vehicles at since John wants a reason to put our name back on the show.. RA would be awesome but man 2 15hr trips in a summer is tough for a lot of people.. but yes I agree with you 100% Mike

Why are we puttin all this effort into a show thats not ours, is the point i'm trying to make. What can we do to help make SES proud to have AcrophobiA presenting it? What does it take for us to bring out 10-15-20 done sick trucks!! Very Happy SES is ours.. not Relaxed Atmosphere's All Star Event.

I'm all about getting a huge group for RA but maybe we can put some more club effort into our show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shows in '10   shows in '10 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

shows in '10
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next