AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

my first pinstriping

Go down 
+7
AcroFarmer
Mikegm99
Acrocody
bagged69c10
pinstripin'mikey
Silver Jogger
lowrider_501
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male
Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2008-09-14

my first pinstriping Empty
PostSubject: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm

jensen (superlow05) told me if i bought the brushes i could stripe his truck. so i went and bought some brushes yesterday and went and parcticed with the brushes for about 10 minutes before i striped his door panels. this was the first time i ever done it and i was pretty happy with the way it turned out.. my first pinstriping A13646cc
Back to top Go down
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:59 pm

and next week sometime i am going to do the same thing to his whole front end around the flames
Back to top Go down
Silver Jogger
Acro Member
Silver Jogger

Male
Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm

I am not trying to be a dick here, but dont do the entire front of his truck like that........practice alil more.
Back to top Go down
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 6:43 pm

We were happy with the way it turned out.. Still planning on doing the rest of it!
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:19 am

quick lil funny story bout that style: the guy that orig. started doin that ended up w/ that result cuz his striper was out sick and couldnt finsh the job, so he grabbed the guys brushes (thinkin it prolly wasnt that hard lol) and fubar'd the job; but the customer loved how it came out. -true story-

--there are many many variations of the xhatch style. and every artist has their own style as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:33 am

Ive heard that story too. What brush are you using?
Back to top Go down
Acrocody
Acro Member

Male
Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:24 am

i think it looks good, but on the front end just remember less is more
Back to top Go down
Mikegm99

Mikegm99

Male
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:54 pm

back when my sonoma was painted, the whole truck as striped like that, didnt look so bad, heres some pics. It was painted back in 01, i do think less is more, and the truck would have been painted at lot less "loud" and with smoother stripes on some of it.

my first pinstriping Burn_416
my first pinstriping Burn_417
my first pinstriping Burn_418
my first pinstriping Burn_419
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male
Number of posts : 3017
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 5:48 pm

i dont think it looks that bad for ya first time, im not gunna jank ya cause i couldnt do anything that close lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/danielcfarmer
Silver Jogger
Acro Member
Silver Jogger

Male
Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:38 pm

def not bad for his first time and i wasnt knockin him, just said practice alil more b4 you do the dudes whole truck like that.....less is more as you can clearly see in mikegm99s pics....
Back to top Go down
TNMark

TNMark

Male
Number of posts : 2049
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lowrider_501

lowrider_501

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:53 pm

It's a Mack 000 brush. Still gunna practice.. I'm no mikey!!
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:18 pm

its just like anything else, practice practice practice. its all bout brush control and pressure.

Last edited by pinstripin'mikey on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:24 pm

was tryin to find another pic of this scion i did for a friend from aftermath, but couldnt find it, the xhatch we did on his 2tone was very clean and precise. not overdone at all
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male
Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:17 pm

i think it looks good, especialy for your first time. I will say it's a lil busy for my taste but by no means am I knockin it. On Baileys truck the coolest part to me was the purple bubbles. It's kinda funny cause the only 2 things he asked Brannon not to do is use purple or put bubbles in it. LoL
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mikeoinacro
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm

one thing to remember on that s10 is....Is the customer/owner happy? if so, then thats all that matters
Back to top Go down
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Blue ferrule or green? If its green, I would get a blue. It makes a pretty big difference. The green ferrule brush is more for touch ups and the blue one is made more for striping. Ill bring you one when I come to the meet this weekend if you cant get one locally.
Back to top Go down
superlow5

superlow5

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:26 pm

well the customer and owner is gonna be very happy! lol itll make the truck look alot better too but im thinkin about take the flames off and just havn some pinstriped on it with green and blue... instead of the whole frnt end just bright green....
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Mikey, remember doin these... whole job in 15 minutes!

my first pinstriping L_f951e136003c200d6a2d8ee73565d81d
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 pm

lol yea, that guy was a punk. drive all the way down to cocoa for that OT bbq just to do that truck and as soon as we get there. "hey buddy i gotta leave in 20min., dont worry bout it" pissed off was an understatement. and he wasnt even gonna pay my gas. what a douche. lol
Back to top Go down
TNMark

TNMark

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm

there seems to be alotta douches around
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male
Number of posts : 3017
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:30 pm

yeah that does sound pretty douchey of the guy mikey, i kinda like the hatch style look, doesnt look bad to me on most jobs ive seen
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/danielcfarmer
TNMark

TNMark

Male

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:31 pm

not my style but i respect each persons style
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my first pinstriping   my first pinstriping Empty

Back to top Go down

my first pinstriping
Page 1 of 1