AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

my luck at the ircc show this past weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend Empty
PostSubject: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

had fun at the event, placed 1st in my class, blah blah blah, we go to leave the show and i crack my first bottle, completely empty. good thing i just loaded up a new one before we left town, i crack the 2nd bottle and notice that my regulator t-handle wasnt showin threads (normally i dial in the bottles when i put em in the truck at the house, but i didnt this time). someone at the show, no idea who, but god i wanna beat the fuk outta em; took it upon themselves to adjust that regulator all the way in. so when i opened up the bottle, the needle pegged completely 180 so i basically had 800psi chillin in my system. so yea, long story short i managed to drop the pressure w/o killin my truck, but from what my buddy at praxair told me, that regulator is shot now, he thinks that the diaphragm inside it is fucked. im thinkin i might be able to just replace the gauge but either way, due to some idiot at the show fukin w/ something they shouldnt have, i get to buy new parts. and if i wasnt doublecheckin the system, id most likely be buyin new bags, and possibly more, and had the luxury to watch my truck clear the pavement at a very rapid speed. give ya an idea, i run the truck at 220psi (i just feather the valves when i drive it), at 200 itll clear all 4 wheels off the ground no problem. at 800 all i forsee is destruction. sorry had to vent, ive been goin to shows for quite a long time and ive never had my stuff messed w/.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
woof
Acro Member
woof

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Probably some crybaby that thought they should have won...and messed with your stuff...either way it's fucked up and I'd be pissed to!
Back to top Go down
AcroPozzi
Acro Rep
AcroPozzi

Male
Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

wow that sux. i would catch a case over that shit
Back to top Go down
BaggedSplash

BaggedSplash

Male
Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm

damn man that sucks. id be highly pissed off if that happened to me as well. i bet it was a helluva ride when you aired up tho and hopped your truck up....lol.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bodydroppednikes
s10dragn

Male
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 pm

yeah that sucks, i had a regulater go bad in atlanta georgia once. dont know the amount of psi in my system but a few of the dot approved exploded like a road runner cartoon. i had to replace all my air lines due to streaching.
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm

i dropped the pressure in the tank by holding my pancake switch open and hittin the rear switch up, to drain the system. and even at that it was still liftin the assend of the truck off ground, had to keep featherin it till we were good again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my luck at the ircc show this past weekend   my luck at  the ircc show this past weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

my luck at the ircc show this past weekend
Page 1 of 1