AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Fuel Pump problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Webster

Webster

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am

What's up guys, so my fuel pump took a shit on me yesterday and I'm lost for answers. This is the fifth one in 18 months, I've double checked my ground wire at the tail light harness, I've gotten 4 differnet types of fuel pumps and still no luck. after about a week of runining a new one it starts to whine like no other and craps out after a few months. Any ideas? I was thinking of just running an isolated power and ground wire for the pump. Anyone ever run into this? I'm burning more money on fule pumps then mods these days.
Back to top Go down
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am

I would start with a new ground directly attached to the frame no longer than 12" long and at least the same size as the power wire or larger...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
AcroPozzi
Acro Rep
AcroPozzi

Male
Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 am

since you said ground by the taillight harness im guessing you have an s10.. have you changed the filter? sounds the pump is workin too hard and burning up.. just an idea.. you could also gut the sender and run an external fuel pump. there a hell of a lot cheaper than those stock style ones..
Back to top Go down
Webster

Webster

Male

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:39 am

Yeah, my bad! it's an 00 S10 4.3. But yeah everytime i've replaced the pump I've done the filter as well. I'm lost for answers, I've checked at the pump with a ohm meter, I've checked relays and everything seems fine.

Pozzi any rec's on an aftermarket external pump?
Back to top Go down
AcroPozzi
Acro Rep
AcroPozzi

Male
Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 am

you can get one from your local parts supply store or you can get a holley or something like that too. usually can mount it on the inside of the frame rail before the filter and tap in to the power and grounds from the drop in pump/sender. i have not personally done this but know a lot of FSC guys that do it all the time
Back to top Go down
Webster

Webster

Male

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 am

Sounds good, I'll ahve to check into one. Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I get this shit figured out. pale
Back to top Go down
95lows10ri
Acro Prospect
95lows10ri

Male
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:11 pm

hows ur fuel pressure regulator? if ur not getting correct flow back to the tank, then the pump is not getting properly cooled... the pump gets cooled by the return flow. Also, do you run your tank down to E before filling it or do you fill up at half... keeping the pump submerged in fuel all the time can extend the life of the unit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cmorin543
Silver Jogger
Acro Member
Silver Jogger

Male
Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

check out summit for hi-flow fuel pumps, i am running one external and inline and it works great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Pump problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pump problems   Fuel Pump problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Pump problems
Page 1 of 1