AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BagDB2500

BagDB2500

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 am

Having issues with my mazda some that I cant seem to figure out lol, Keep burning up relays on one compressor been through 3 so far, going to buy a forth from AZ in a few, and I need something welded but dont own a welder nor do i have a place to do it, dont trust driving too far because it connects the wishbone from the driveshaft to the rear of the frame, not sure if it'll mess with the pinion angle or not? If anyone is near church Hill holler at me I can try to bring the truck to you. Thanks for any help ! !
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

What size wire are you running? What size fuse? Are you using the square black relays? What, and how many compressors do you have? If you can answer these questions, i can probably help you fix one of your problems.
Back to top Go down
BagDB2500

BagDB2500

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:21 am

8 ga wire, i dont see any fuses from the battery to the relays, using a 12v 40amp 4 pin relay (same relay viair provides with their compressors) and i'm running two 400C viair compressors ( i know i know i need different compressors lol) you know anyone thats run the airbagit DC compressors? trying to decide on a new pair of compressors or single compressor if i can get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am

Switch to a 60 amp relay, that one compressor is probably dragging and causing you to pull more than 40 amps and frying the relays.
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

You need a PAC 80... http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23705_PAC_PAC-80.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison. Its the best 20 bucks you'll spend.

Bump up to a 4 gauge wire with a 100 watt mini ANL fuse & holder like this one... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00322QF2A/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00322QF34&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SADYF1EY3X2T8FHQ7H2

And for compressors, you can never go wrong with two Viair 480's. Im hearing good things about the new Air Zenith OB2's though. But I only use Viair, so im biased.

Anywho, Upgrade to a 4 gauge wire with one of those fuse holder, and that will run two compressors without flaw. That pac 80 is very easy to wire up, and they are awesome to have. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
BagDB2500

BagDB2500

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 3:01 pm

my only wonder is if the compressor pulls too much and is allowed to pull say 60-80 amps, will it burn up the compressor? lol I need a bigger tank but i may go for the two 480s ive been looking at them for a bit now just wasnt sure how viair was? hear both good and bad. I appreciate the help guys its much appreciated. @Slapnuts1975 where can you find an 80 amp relay? i had a hard time finding a 40 amp, using one from Autozone just so i can run it for now, and where did you get your truck painted it looks great, trying to find a good reputable place to paint mine, ill fork out the change for a good paint job but up this way i havent heard of anyone doing good custom work.
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:44 pm

BagDB2500 wrote:
my only wonder is if the compressor pulls too much and is allowed to pull say 60-80 amps, will it burn up the compressor? lol I need a bigger tank but i may go for the two 480s ive been looking at them for a bit now just wasnt sure how viair was? hear both good and bad. I appreciate the help guys its much appreciated. @Slapnuts1975 where can you find an 80 amp relay? i had a hard time finding a 40 amp, using one from Autozone just so i can run it for now, and where did you get your truck painted it looks great, trying to find a good reputable place to paint mine, ill fork out the change for a good paint job but up this way i havent heard of anyone doing good custom work.

I personally have probably built 50+ vehicles with the setup i told you about with 0 issues. You cant go wrong with 480s. Two 480s on a 5 gallon tank is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?    Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone in East Tn feel like helping a Newb?
Page 1 of 1