AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Newbie From San Jose

Go down 
+13
HEADAKE
AAcrazy
MICHIGAN MIKE
sean.t.daly
AcroPozzi
jlaudio9
keith
matt92toy
SelfBuiltRods
SinisteR
SACKTCIVIC
Dodge Rob
BagBoyDan408
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Newbie From San Jose Empty
PostSubject: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Hello all !,

I just wrecked my lifted truck and decided I'm over Lifted trucks so I bought a bagged mini truck haha.

So a little about my vehicle track record I'm 20 about to turn 21 in April. I started working on trucks when I was 14 and now I'm now on my 9th vehicle. Quick list of what I've owned/own now

1st truck 1977 Dodge D100 step side single cab 360V8 primerd out loud exhaust and stereo.
1989 Chevy k1500 single cab short bed fleet side 6" IFS lift on 37" goodyear MTRs again loud exhaust stereo and lots of off road lights.
1982 Toyota Hilux pickup single cab short bed slammed with lowering blocks and dropin the torsion keys. quite exhaust and stereo.
1977 Chevy Cheyenne short cab long bed 6" lift on 37" baja claws loud stereo mild exhaust.
1999 Chevy silverado 4.7LV8 extended cab short bed. Limo tint all around 20" rims loud exhaust loud stereo custom driving lights and accent lighting. 360° low profile emergency strobe lights siren and PA system.
1987 Jeep YJ Wrangler 4"lift on 33's had Semi Air horns on it.(little custom mods spent most of my time just keeping it running. J.E.E.P "Just empty every pocket"
2000 VW passat station wagon 1.8L Turbo 5 speed manual. Holding 16PSI of boost on the stock K03 Turbo evolution motorsports diverter valve custom ported to vent, Limo tint all around crystal clear head lights hid headlights kenwood double din touch screen deck factory amped speakers alpine amp with alpine type R 12 lowered on eibach lowering springs 17" audi rims stage 2 Clutch Giac stage 2 tune CAI 034motorsport 3"catless downpipe mated to a custom made 3" strait pipe exhaust.
1996 GMC Sierra K2500 Extended cab long bed 6" suspension lift 2" body lift sittin on 35's limo tint hid lights CB radio Custom front bumper built by me, Hella offroad lights 7"motorized touch screen kicker solo baric L5 10". Flow tech shorty headers K&N cold air intake Hypertech power programmer true dual exhaust with dual single chamber flow masters Dumped out the side before the rear tire.

And Finally the one you've all been waiting for my current truck thats brought me here.

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Bagged F.B.S.S. with 1/2" lines and 7 switch control box. Triangulated 4 Link and C-Notched rear end. 15 gallon aluminum fuel cell Viar 480C compressor with a 3 Gallon tank(7 gallon is being shipped as we speak Very Happy) 18"rims

So far a list of things I have in mind that I would like to do to the truck.

Dual Viar 480c's
7 gallon tank
condensed valve manifold
re run the air lines possibly even run hard lines
relocate the fuel cell
finish up the hole in the bed from the C-notch
rewire all the electrical in the truck
Rip out stock interior and build custom interior
Custom mesh blacked out grill with hidden halo projectors behind it
Rear roll pan with horizontal cadi tail lights and relocate the license plate into the tail gate
Possibly do approx a 2" body drop
Shave the door handles and tailgate, convert the truck to power windows/locks
custom gauges and switches in the the dash.
Reinforce the bottom of the frame rails with 1/4 steel plate
Fab custom brackets to hold tow hitch balls upside down to make contact while dragging so when there worn down I can just unscrew the old ones and screw in some new ones at about 16.00 for a pair.. sounds better then repairing the frame or having to cut off mounts and weld on new blocks.
Theres tons of other ideas floating around in my brain just gotta catch em.

I'll be sure to take lots of build up pictures and do some write ups on my projects.

Look forward to being a part of the Acrophobia lifestyle.

-BagBoyDan408

Newbie From San Jose 16480712
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male
Number of posts : 1767
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:46 pm

nice truck. Not sure about the draggin trailer balls though, I've heard some bad things about that. Welcome to the forums though
Back to top Go down
SACKTCIVIC
Acro Prospect
SACKTCIVIC

Male
Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

welcome to the site man put up some more pics
Back to top Go down
SinisteR

SinisteR

Male
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm

welcome man, keep us up to date on the build Acrophobia
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:14 pm

SACKTCIVIC wrote:
welcome to the site man put up some more pics

I have some pics of it in my garage right now with the bed off I'll try and get them up tonight. There not the best quality tho since I took them with my cell phone.
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:39 pm

DITCH THE TRAILER BALLS MAN! SUCH A TERRIBLE IDEA! Anywho, welcome to the board, enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 pm

SelfBuiltRods wrote:
DITCH THE TRAILER BALLS MAN! SUCH A TERRIBLE IDEA! Anywho, welcome to the board, enjoy your stay!

Already gettin my times worth out of this site.. Glad I came across it.

So Trailer balls are out.(Anyone know why ? not trying to argue it just want to know the reasoning behind it)

So what is the normal contact points to find on trucks that drag ?

Back to top Go down
matt92toy
Acro Rep
matt92toy

Male
Number of posts : 1929
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 am

cause if you have them big ass things under there then you cant lay all the way out and mainly when i see a truck with trailer balls under it my first thought is here is some teenage kid who thinks throwing sparks is cooler then building a baddass truck

frame or body
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male
Number of posts : 1767
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 am

and if one breaks off you could kill somebody driving behind you
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male
Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

lol i got thes at a car show Newbie From San Jose 00314
Back to top Go down
http://[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:52 pm

HAHA thats funny. The idea came from a friend but his specialty is lifted diesels... thought it sounded a little weird.

Thanks for the input so far guys keep it coming !
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Trailer balls are the hot dog of automotive. They are made up of left over stuff that cant be used anywhere else. They are very dangerous, and Matt hit the nail on the head of how it makes a truck look. I always collected overload leaf springs form bag jobs to plate my frame. Spring steel makes excellent sparks.

Newbie From San Jose L_c2dbae6455dd4e2f401179910e5eba2d
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:22 pm

SelfBuiltRods wrote:
Trailer balls are the hot dog of automotive. They are made up of left over stuff that cant be used anywhere else. They are very dangerous, and Matt hit the nail on the head of how it makes a truck look. I always collected overload leaf springs form bag jobs to plate my frame. Spring steel makes excellent sparks.

I actually have a set of overload springs sittin on a shelf in my garage. About how long do they usually last before your wear them out ?
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Flat, they last forever if you drag every once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
jlaudio9
Acro Prospect
jlaudio9

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:58 pm

welcome to the site, looks to be a nice truck. Id like to see more pics of it. I have always been a fan of that body style.
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:27 am

Sorry the pictures are crappy there from a cell phone.

I had planned on working on the truck today and taking some more pictures but those plans got scrapped when I had to rush my girlfriend to the ER for an allergic reaction pale

Finally got home a little bit ago and its to damn cold in my garage to be out workin on the mini so again it shall sit in the garage until thursday rolls around.

pictures are what the truck looks like at this moment in time with the bed off.

I plan on redoing the air system on the truck.

Newbie From San Jose Img_2010

Newbie From San Jose Img_2012
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:58 am

i like the rims.
Back to top Go down
AcroPozzi
Acro Rep
AcroPozzi

Male
Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 pm

ive seen trailer balls bust apart and become projectiles! spring steel is def the way to go!! lasts a while too.
Back to top Go down
sean.t.daly

sean.t.daly

Male
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:05 pm

welcome bro!!!!! def do the leaf spring last forever
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male
Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

keith wrote:
i like the rims.

Me too!

Mitsu's are dope!

Welcome homie!

Keep us updated, you gotta good start there!
Acrophobia
Back to top Go down
AAcrazy
Acro Rep
AAcrazy

Male
Number of posts : 1353
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm

we need more layed out mitzus in the scene.
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 pm

AAcrazy wrote:
we need more layed out mitzus in the scene.

Well I hope I one day get a chance to become an AA member when I finish my truck Exclamation
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 am

just keep up the good work and stick with it its worth it. do you got sum pics of the inside?
Back to top Go down
BagBoyDan408

BagBoyDan408

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am

keith wrote:
just keep up the good work and stick with it its worth it. do you got sum pics of the inside?

i dont have any pictures of the inside yet because its bone stock inside the cab. As soon as I start on inside I'll post up some before and after pictures for sure !
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 am

nice do work son!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie From San Jose   Newbie From San Jose Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie From San Jose
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next