AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

? for my fellow Ranger owners....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-08-13

?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... Empty
PostSubject: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I have the 3.0 V6 with the E85 bullshit...the fuel pump went out from sitting so long.....I looked into replacing the pump and the damn E85 fuel pumps are way more expensive than the normal fuel pump for the 3.0 V6 non E85...Is there any reason why I cant run the normal pump or am I stuck with the E85 pump...from the specs it looks like the E85 pump puts out a little higher pressure range....not sure if that will matter or if I would need to replace the fuel rail and injectors with the smaller injectors....
hopefully you were able to follow that....lol.
any one have any input?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
jay houk

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

from what i understand youll havr to replace more than yiur fuel pump...
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 am

I don't know how your luck goes but if it were me I would buy the correct one. If you buy the cheap one you'll end up buying the expensive one later and have twice the money in it.
Back to top Go down
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 am

well I am getting a stock non E-85 pomp from Brian off his parts truck so I wont be out anything..the way I understand it their is a sensor that will adjust the fuel air mixture to keep from running lean, and the max psi difference is only a few pounds...E-85 mixture uses more fuel to burn the equivalent in gas. So I am thinking it should work..
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
Clenzer72

Clenzer72

Male
Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Good luck..,
Be sure to post the results
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/clenzer  but never update! On FB too
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ? for my fellow Ranger owners....   ?  for my fellow Ranger owners.... Empty

Back to top Go down

? for my fellow Ranger owners....
Page 1 of 1