AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

What the future holds. (You bastards better look)

Go down 
+9
shithead
gmsierra2000
Marbles
1Bad90
ImRichBitch
bagged69c10
SACKTCIVIC
Adam
SelfBuiltRods
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

What the future holds. (You bastards better look) Empty
PostSubject: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:17 pm

This has NOT been posted anywhere else, and nor do I want it to be. Top secret acro shit here. Ive been slowly gathering up parts for this hunk of shit, and I'm down to the point where I may need some help from you guys on gathering up more parts. First of all, if anyone has a post 1994 F1,2, or 350 that has good front nose with a chrome grill and a short bed, I WILL COME PICK IT UP. Good straight factory steel front caps are impossible to find here, same with a bed, and i dont want to have to dive into a bunch of body work. So basically I need a front end and a bed. I recently picked up a donor truck for the cab and the back doors. So as of now, I have two cabs, and 4 good doors. ( Now you know where this is going... And your thinking... Pics or die) Patience boys. This donor truck has a good EFI 351 in with a freshly rebuilt E4OD, that im going to sell in order to buy desired drivetrain. It was used in the log woods, and so the cab and the back doors were all that I can use. I should be able to go pick it up this weekend to access what is usable. My biggest hurdle right now is my drivetrain. I want a P pump 12 valve cummins, and they are very hard to find here, so if you guys have a hookup I needs to know. Here's the rendering...

What the future holds. (You bastards better look) 3e7b805d

Bumper to bumper box chassis, custom front suspension, (hopefully) 12 valve cummins with a c6, parallel 4 link out back with a watts link, gooseneck hitch, and a raised bed floor, is about all I know right now. Exterior will look as it does in the rendering, interior will probably be black with color matched accents. I probably wont get started until i have ALL of my parts. I def. need motor and trans before i start the chassis.

I wanted ya'll to know what were doing over here, and i was hoping i could find some leads on some parts and got the ok to throw the logo on the rendering cause I'm about to start sending out sponsor packets. L8R.

Last edited by SelfBuiltRods on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male
Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Dam that's gonna be sick when its done.
Back to top Go down
SACKTCIVIC
Acro Prospect
SACKTCIVIC

Male
Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:07 am

that is fucking cool brother very nice
Back to top Go down
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:24 am

4 link! That's just not like you. Sweet build though. Even if it is a ford.
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male
Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 am

Not a big fan of that body style f-series but damn that looks good!!!
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 am

bagged69c10 wrote:
4 link! That's just not like you. Sweet build though. Even if it is a ford.

I thought of you...

But really, its just a more practical setup when towing a giant car hauler lol!

MrBarky wrote:
Not a big fan of that body style f-series but damn that looks good!!!

That's because you've never seen this until now.

I would realistically like to get started in the spring. That gives me enough time to get the new shop built and hoard up parts.
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male
Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 am

I'll have to hit up the junk yards just for you sir. I remember seeing a few of those trucks out there with beds. Plus I need another set of door panels.
Back to top Go down
Marbles

Marbles

Male
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 am

i want one
Back to top Go down
http://www.droptout.com
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 am

1Bad90 wrote:
I'll have to hit up the junk yards just for you sir. I remember seeing a few of those trucks out there with beds. Plus I need another set of door panels.

What the future holds. (You bastards better look) 59d4f5ac

Look for this front end, and a good short bed. Everyone here is still using their trucks, so none in junkyards lol. Il be down there Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:54 am

What all do you need? The whole front clip?
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:02 am

1Bad90 wrote:
What all do you need? The whole front clip?

I'll try to let you know what all I need ASAP.
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

Alright just shoot me a text.469.834.9667
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:25 pm

good looking truck
Back to top Go down
shithead
Acro Rep
shithead

Male
Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 pm

That's fing SICK
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male
Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Thats gonna be awsome!
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male
Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Acrophobia
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mikeoinacro
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

What the future holds. (You bastards better look) Img013
What the future holds. (You bastards better look) Img012

This is as far as I've gotten on frame design so far. Haven't finished the lower view yet because I haven't had time to sit down and figure up control arm positioning yet, and that's what determines the front frame section height. Looks like I'll be using MMW flat plate arms with some sort of rack and pinion. Once I get me front suspension designed, I'll draw in the front frame section. I want my bag to be sammiched between the control arm and the bottom of the framerail so I can get maximum lift. Gonna need it with such tiny wheel openings. Stay tuned guys.
Back to top Go down
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 am

Tuned!
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 am

bagged69c10 wrote:
Tuned!
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male
Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Looks like some shit I would draw cause I dont want to take the time to learn cad. lol

Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:25 pm

MrBarky wrote:
Looks like some shit I would draw cause I dont want to take the time to learn cad. lol

I like hand drawing everything, well sort of. I just really dont know much about cad lol
Back to top Go down
Dooder
Acro Nomad
Dooder

Male
Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:18 pm

i missed this one...thats gonna be badass!
Back to top Go down
http://showtruckscene.com
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

so have you started yet lol
can't wait to see the pregress.......
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I thought Id update this to keep you guys up to date...

I had to scrap the cab I had for several reasons... We ran out of money to remodel our living room, and It was the best outlet for quick cash to keep us going. The cab was not in super great shape anyway, it had been in a wreck, and the cab was tweaked pretty good upon solid inspection. The rear window was bulging lol. With this years tax return we finally got caught up, and my wife promised me that with next years return we could buy a complete truck, which will save me money in the long run.

Thinking about building it as a dually, and I've already got my eye on a donor thats been sitting for a while now. This is my dream build and my wife knows that.

In the mean time after the mazda is finished, im going to go ahead and get a chassis rolling because I dont need a body for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the future holds. (You bastards better look)   What the future holds. (You bastards better look) Empty

Back to top Go down

What the future holds. (You bastards better look)
Page 1 of 1