AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**

Go down 
+7
SHAVED&LAYED
CountryBoy
ImRichBitch
Adam
bagged69c10
gmsierra2000
toolow4phathoe
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-08-20

BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** Empty
PostSubject: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

anyone with a bodied ranger preferably extended cab.. I need some help.. I bought the truck already bodied, but from what I have been told there is a pitch to the motor in rangers, well apparently when my body drop was done, they didnt keep the pitch to the motor. So I was told I need to lower my motor or modify my tranny mount and lower my tranny.. Anyone with advice wouuld be great.. I thought the issue was the pinion angle was off due to having a two link.. I talked to a guy the other night and he said its not the pinion angle at all, it was the pitch of my motor was off and causing my drive shaft to make noise at my torque convertor..

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.. PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS SUBJECT I AM PRETTY GREEN WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SUBJECT.
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:06 am

dam hope u solve that, it sounds crazy
Back to top Go down
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:11 am

Find a stock one, put the angle finder on the tranny pan and see what angle it's at. Then compare yours.
Back to top Go down
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 am

nice.. I never thought to do that.. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male
Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Mine to but mines not body dropped I have been though 4 center support drive shaft bearings and about 5 drive shafts lol.
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male
Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 pm

What type of noise is it? Do you have 2 piece or 1 piece driveshaft? For a 1 piece driveshaft the angle at the trans should be opposite of the rear. So say you put your angle finder on the yoke at the trans and it reads say 6 deg down then at the rear it should read 6 deg up if that makes sence. On a 2 piece driveshaft the first drive shaft should be within 1 to 1.5 deg of the trans. So if reads 4 deg down at the trans then the first driveshaft should be 3 to 5 deg down. Lets say you set the first driveshaft at 3 deg down the the rear should be at 3 deg up. Heres a link to a good read and may be easier to understand. Spicer drivetrain components Also these angles should be done at ride height. Not sure if this helps Ive never messed with a ranger but same principles apply no matter what type of vehicle youre building.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Mine only does it when I ride low but when I ride level it dont do it. When I let out on the gas it spunds like something is grinding in the tranny but I had everything replaced in it. Mine is a 2 peice drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 am

Maybe post some pics of u joints and carrier bearing and maybe tail shaft of the trans.
Back to top Go down
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:51 pm

thanks bro.. I will put a angle finder on it this weekend and see what I come up with..
Back to top Go down
CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

The problem with Matts body drop ranger is the person who bodied it lowered the motor which changed the angle how the motor and tranny sit. Now what that does is leans the front of the tranny forward which makes the torkcunverter hit the fly wheel or some thing else. (Well this is what a guy told Matt and I) and the way to fix it is cut the rear tranny mount down and in doing so this will put the motor and tranny back at the factory angle. He also told us ford rangers have that factory rear of motor lean. Now sits a little low in the truck. Is this true? I couldn't tell you, but I figured aI would share what this guy told us to see if y'all have hear of this to or if that makes since. Please let us know what u know so we can fix this. Thanks
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:13 pm

u just said what is needed to fix it, its not a big deal on lowewreing the tranny mount or highten it, cut a piece of square tubing and weld it where it is needed an then position the tranny back to factory, its prob not that big of a deal, but make sure to box in the rest of the cross member after cuting out the factory one
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah the torque converter touches the flywheel on all vehicle they are bolted together.
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm

And Im pretty sure all motors are supposed to be pitched back so that oil flows to the oil pump in the back of the pan. I set the motor in my Blazer at 5 deg. Do you know how much he lowered the motor?
Back to top Go down
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 3:59 pm

when it was bodied i think they built a new cross member and that might be my problem.. when they installed that it isnt right.. It could be a number of things, I will know more this weekend when I get under it.
Back to top Go down
CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

MrBarky wrote:
Yeah the torque converter touches the flywheel on all vehicle they are bolted together.

Yeah that what I said but not to the guy. lol I knew I forgot to put that in there.
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

get em done bro get em done
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:05 pm

I had a problem with a 5 speed trans in a bodied truck making noise and found out that my driveshaft was too long. I had it shortened a bit and balanced and that fixed the problem so you may check that also
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Mine is 5 speed that's probley what's wrong with mine.
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Ditch the 2 piece driveshaft and get a aluminum driveshaft out of a Explorer. Bolts right up using your ranger yokes. Noise will be gone..... Probably.... I'd have to see it..lol
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Dam I wish I would of know it would of fit my brother just scraped one. Does it matter what year it comes out of.
Back to top Go down
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Slapnuts1975 wrote:
Ditch the 2 piece driveshaft and get a aluminum driveshaft out of a Explorer. Bolts right up using your ranger yokes. Noise will be gone..... Probably.... I'd have to see it..lol
What year explorer
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-Rear-Drive-Shaft-Driveshaft-91-02-/360362464121?hash=item53e746d379&item=360362464121&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Also used the Explorer rear end in mine so I have rear discs.
Back to top Go down
toolow4phathoe
Acro Member
toolow4phathoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:16 am

do you have any pics of yours..? I think I would have to make my tunnel ALOT bigger..
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:54 am

toolow4phathoe wrote:
do you have any pics of yours..? I think I would have to make my tunnel ALOT bigger..
I can get you some pics if you want, but yeah, its a large driveshaft. Only weighs a couple pounds though.
Back to top Go down
Tuckin Eh
Acro Rep
Tuckin Eh

Male
Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Your ranger should have come with a one piece driveshaft. They all did 98 and up. Mine has a one piece aluminum. And yes my tunnel and notch for it is huge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**   BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP** Empty

Back to top Go down

BODIED RANGER ADVICE **AKA I NEED SOME HELP**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next