AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

East Coast Bowlin Nats 09

Go down 
+23
chevys10
SpecialEd
so_kleen
lowridinrebel
BaggedSplash
laidoutinde
JollyGreenMini
FkN-Greg-PA
baggedkneesan
Silver Jogger
SKELVIS
shithead
dragginhonda
Acro RI Rob
AcroFarmer
bdpaco
Tuckin Eh
matt92toy
95lows10ri
Jeff AcrophobiA
outsider
No Clrnc
pa chop top
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Its20Below
Acro Member
Its20Below

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-19

East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm

baggedkneesan wrote:
good times! cept for the morons who put a hole in the wall and were drawing all over everything. i just dont see how thats satisfying.

There's always one asshole every year Mad All in all though the night went pretty well with only a couple incidents all of which we handled right away except for the hole in the wall courteousy of some ignorant toolbag.

PS... Sara and Carissa still didn't sell me a hat, haha!
Back to top Go down
baggedkneesan
Acro Prospect
baggedkneesan

Male
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm

lol ull have to stick to the hooters girls
Back to top Go down
Tuckin Eh
Acro Rep
Tuckin Eh

Male
Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:43 pm

good times guys
Back to top Go down
Jeff AcrophobiA
Acro Rep
Jeff AcrophobiA

Male
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:37 pm

To all who attended ECBN,
I want to start out first by thanking everyone for coming and supporting our event. Its amazing how much this has grown throughout the years! Looking back, I was 14 when the first bowling nats was held in Pottstown, Pa between three clubs (Positive Image, Kaotic Kustomz, Childhood Fantasies). We brought the event to Wilkes-Barre in 2001 with hopes of it expanding and opening it up to more clubs. It has now grown to be what it is today. We were fortunate enough that RoyalTz stepped up to the plate and started the pre-party on Friday nights, which helped us turn this into a full weekend event. As I sit here looking at newspaper clippings and photos from throughout the years that are framed on my wall its just amazing. To see that this event spread far across the United States with people coming from as far as Texas, Arizona, and California is again.. Something I never thought. Then, a Canadian Invasion.. this is something that doesn't happen at most shows around here. The Bowling Nats is unique in its own way and a lot of them. ECBN is held so that WE, the people that make up this sport, could enjoy a weekend out with some of our closest friends and become better acquainted with those that we're not that close with yet. It's a time to get together without the hassle of cleaning your truck, a time to relax, bullshit, drink, and have some fun!! Its neat to look back throughout the years and the people that started this event.. still attend it!

The Chacko's Family have been catering to us for the past 7 years and have welcomed us back year after year. Its as much work for them, as it is for our staff. Its something they don't need and something we do because we want to, not that we have to. Whether we have a bowling nationals or not, they will still generate revenue that night. Having said that,I don't know why some ignorant dick head would want to make Chacko's or myself reconsider having ECBN. I can't figure out why this person would think he is one of us, going around vandalizing someone else's property. I got started in this sport at the ripe old age of 12. I have been attending shows all over the country for the past 12 years and have never seen something so stupid happen in this scene until recent years. In some aspects it seems we have lost control of the sport. What has changed? Is it no longer cool to respect people? What has happened? The show scene is changing and unfortunately not in a good way. It seems we cant go to an event anymore without something happening. Is it immaturity? Do you think you look cool? Do you feel cool? Can you not handle your alcohol and are you even old enough to drink? Should you even be one of us? Really,what is it?

The events that happened this weekend were made possible by two individuals. I might even be able to bet these acts were not even performed by someone that is involved in the scene. 95% of the people in the scene are good, well behaved individuals. Its the 5% that are running what we love into the ground. I would dare to say they are probably acquaintance's of a club member. Out of all the clubs that participated this weekend, it was a great night. We have found out who the childish, immature graffiti artist associates with and honestly, I would love to see him lose all 10 fingers. I can only hope that karma plays a part in all of this and next year we can see him write his own "tag" holding a pen between his lips. As for the mysterious oversized glory hole someone decided to make in the hallway going into the bathroom, really childish. It amaze's me that with just about 600 people in such an enclosed area no one saw this happen. Time will only tell. Speaking of time, its to early to tell if we are welcome back at Chacko's or not. Sometimes its weeks that I sit waiting for the letter to arrive in my mailbox welcoming us back. I am usually not in any doubt about what the letter will say,I never anticipate bad news, this time, I'm not that optimistic. I will promise this, If we are not allowed back because of what happened Saturday night, there will be no more ECBN. I will not be able to move it somewhere else and worry about damaging someone else's property.

I know this letter is kind of long, but I would like all of you to share it with your fellow friends and club members. Its something we all need to think about. Its been happening far to much and often here on the east coast. We are going to lose shows because of stupid things like this. When there are no shows, the scene dies. I didn't mean to offend anyone while typing this letter and most of it applies only to the 5% out there that are ruining our scene. If by chance you are reading this letter or hearing it and involve yourself in this childish behavior, then this next line is for you: We don't want or need you to be a part of the Minitruck or Compact Car scene. You are not welcome to be involved and are not helping us by doing what you do. Please find another hobby!

Again, I would like to thank everyone who came and supported us this year and previous years! I had a great time, and I know all of you did also. If there is anything we could do to hopefully make next years better, please write! If it means anything for what the 2009 show season will look like, our numbers were the best they have been in 3 years! Oh what a "Recession"!

Sincerely,
-Jeff King
East Coast Bowling Nationals
bodybaggedmazda@aol.com
http://www.eastcoastbowlingnats.com
http://www.eastcoastbowlingnationals.com
http://www.acrophobia.net

P.S. I forgot to add... Thanks to Downtime Matt for making the initial call to toss in $20 for the repairs to the wall. After a collection basket was setup we raised a nice knot of cash that we handed over to the owners to get the wall repaired. Thanks to everyone that threw in to get the repairs done. It was def nice to see us correct the situation very fast! Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepestrangers.com
Its20Below
Acro Member
Its20Below

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:22 pm

myself, i'm sure along with the rest of PA chapter and NorthEastern Acro backs you up 100% in whatever the outcome may be in the end. Couldn't have worded it any better Jeff!
Back to top Go down
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 am

Werd!

Jeff, if you dont mind, I will use this letter in my online coverage of the show, I really hope things get worked out and we can continue to have ECBN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
outsider
Acro Prospect
outsider

Male
Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Thank you to you Jeff King and the east coast acrophobia family for everything many kids who where with me did experience the real minitruckin scene at it's best and it was there first time in the USA for some .
And royal tease also did take care of us also to show us around stuff that we cant see back home.
Back to top Go down
Jeff AcrophobiA
Acro Rep
Jeff AcrophobiA

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks guys.. I hope so too.. Im so stoked to start working on the next bowling nats. Until i get any word.. im sitting idle on everything. I think with the last minute everyone chipping in showed the Chacko's Family that we care.. I hope it plays a role in the decision.. Yeah Paco.. your welcome to spread the letter in any way you can.. I want people to see it.. It means a lot to me when shit like this happens.. whether it is an Acro show or another club or organizations show.
Back to top Go down
outsider
Acro Prospect
outsider

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 pm

if you have it next year i will let my friends go around and visit stuff and i will take saturday to help you
Back to top Go down
Jeff AcrophobiA
Acro Rep
Jeff AcrophobiA

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

outsider wrote:
if you have it next year i will let my friends go around and visit stuff and i will take saturday to help you

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Tuckin Eh
Acro Rep
Tuckin Eh

Male
Number of posts : 1952

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:09 pm

wait!!!! you guys aren't talking about star wars????
Back to top Go down
Jeff AcrophobiA
Acro Rep
Jeff AcrophobiA

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 pm

tuckin eh wrote:

That shit was funny as hell.. Im still trying to figure out what he was thinking? Bad thing was.. he was serious!
Back to top Go down
outsider
Acro Prospect
outsider

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:20 pm

i heard about that one
Back to top Go down
so_kleen
Acro Prospect
so_kleen

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm

preach it jeff way to be man i couldnt agree more!
Back to top Go down
lowridinrebel

lowridinrebel

Male
Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Had an awesome time with you guys again this weekend, definately some good memories....

tuckin eh wrote:

HAHAHA That shit was top notch, but I don't think he was there for the Preparty, it was the first time I saw him that nite, and I didn't see him at ECBN...
Back to top Go down
Jeff AcrophobiA
Acro Rep
Jeff AcrophobiA

Male

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:39 pm

lowridinrebel wrote:
Had an awesome time with you guys again this weekend, definately some good memories....

tuckin eh wrote:

HAHAHA That shit was top notch, but I don't think he was there for the Preparty, it was the first time I saw him that nite, and I didn't see him at ECBN...

I thought i saw him in the bathroom with Han Solo
Back to top Go down
lowridinrebel

lowridinrebel

Male
Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 8:30 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East Coast Bowlin Nats 09   East Coast Bowlin Nats 09 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

East Coast Bowlin Nats 09
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5