AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Small screw holes in top of radiator...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rdizzle336
Acro Prospect

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-04-19

Small screw holes in top of radiator... Empty
PostSubject: Small screw holes in top of radiator...   Small screw holes in top of radiator... EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:27 pm

So.. This dude put my fan shroud back on. With self tapping screws. Needless to say he drilled through my radiator. Aluminum on one side, and plastic on the other. Before I go buy a new one, I'd like to try some fixes.
First I tefloned a slightly larger screw. Believe it or not It lasted about a week. Then I got some putty from advance that you kneed together, and apply to the hole and surrounding areas. Its still leaking on the plastic side.
So... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On a tight budget and it's a new radiator or diapers and formula. You know what I mean.
Help a brotha out! N
Back to top Go down
http://Rdizzle336@yahoo.com
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Small screw holes in top of radiator...   Small screw holes in top of radiator... EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:40 am

take it to a radiator shop but it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one.
Back to top Go down
CodyHicks
Acro Member
CodyHicks

Male
Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Small screw holes in top of radiator...   Small screw holes in top of radiator... EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:11 am

3M panel bond sand paper and a patch. Glue it over the top. I used it once on a hole in my gas tank and it lasted for years. Just make sure it's clean dry a sand both parts. They have differs kinds. ABS plastic, metal ect.
Back to top Go down
http://<iframe width="560" height="315" s
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small screw holes in top of radiator...   Small screw holes in top of radiator... Empty

Back to top Go down

Small screw holes in top of radiator...
Page 1 of 1