AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?

Go down 
+5
ImRichBitch
SHAVED&LAYED
rlr023
bagged69c10
SelfBuiltRods
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Building a balls to the wall 2.2 for the mazda with stand alone engine management, hand built intake and header, 90mm TB, t3/t4, and some internal goodies. Ive never tackled anything like this before, and I was hoping someone here would like to discuss the topic.
Back to top Go down
bagged69c10
Acro Prospect
bagged69c10

Male
Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Nope! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rlr023

rlr023

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:50 am

Megasquirt seems to be about the best bang for the buck if u have a good know how of tuning and electronics
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

what did he say lol
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male
Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am

you see that hes got enough nos in there to blow himself up!

YEAH and a stand alone fuel mangement system, not a bad way to spend ten thousand doll hairs
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

Well, to make a long story short, I found out today that the 2.0 DOHC Kia motors are a mazda 2.0 twin, so theres my new motor. 80 to almost 160 with $150. AEM makes a completely stand alone unit for less than a grand. My main goal is tuneability, turbo, and fuel mileage.

You guys crack me up!
Back to top Go down
NWA STEVE
Acro Prospect
NWA STEVE

Male
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2012-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 am

MrBarky wrote:
you see that hes got enough nos in there to blow himself up!

YEAH and a stand alone fuel mangement system, not a bad way to spend ten thousand doll hairs
LMAO
Back to top Go down
rlr023

rlr023

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:57 pm

The aem kit is very nice and works very very good its just the price for that price u could just about run a stock harness/ecu and take it to someone to tune
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm

oh I for some reason thought you were talking about air management. now it makes more sense lol
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:24 pm

rlr023 wrote:
The aem kit is very nice and works very very good its just the price for that price u could just about run a stock harness/ecu and take it to someone to tune
Very true, but for what you get its worth it! I just like the cleanliness of the setup, plus it's almot infinitely tunable.

SHAVED&LAYED wrote:
oh I for some reason thought you were talking about air management. now it makes more sense lol
lmao! Doh!
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:34 pm

I read it real fast on my lunch break today and was like wtf is this dude talking about lol. my bad.
Back to top Go down
rlr023

rlr023

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm

So to matt we must have seriously sounded retarted lol
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm

haha yeah I was completely lost. I know what you are talking about now but I don't know anything about it lol

sorry I can't help
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male
Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Finish the chassis! Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

In other words, I dont know a damn thing either. lol.
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male
Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm

AEM is a nice stand alone program. Most of the big horse power guys run it. You can control every little thing on it. If your not looking to make 600+ hp your better off looking into finding a ecu with a eprom chip or a flash available. I know plenty of people who can tune both.
Back to top Go down
pimpnismo
Acro Member
pimpnismo

Male
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:42 pm

rlr023 wrote:
Megasquirt seems to be about the best bang for the buck if u have a good know how of tuning and electronics

dont mean to screw up a serious conversation.... be he said megasquirt and i chuckled. i must be immature! lol!
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

I did as well Sal. lol!
I just didnt wanna be the first to say it. LMAO!
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

We all did! That means were f'n winners in my book!
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:51 pm

LOL. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?   Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone care to disciss stand alone engine management?
Page 1 of 1