AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Anyone own there own or run there body shop?

Go down 
+2
jlaudio9
daddfrk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daddfrk
Acro Prospect
daddfrk

Male
Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2011-10-28

Anyone own there own or run there body shop? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:47 am

Im thinking of taking the shop that I do my side work at and making it my own full time shop. I already have a small clientale of customers and some other local shops that refer customers to me. My main concern is trying to get on with a couple DRP companys to ensure enough work flow. My main question is about getting on with the ensurance company DRP list. How do I go about doing that? What is required to be a DRP shop? I think I have everything I need except the measureing system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jlaudio9
Acro Prospect
jlaudio9

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:20 pm

i have no idea but effing good luck my homie. sounds like a great plan. Im all for you doing it full time.
Back to top Go down
daddfrk
Acro Prospect
daddfrk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 pm

thanks Bro. We will see what happens in the next couple months. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:38 pm

the insurance company tells you what it takes to be a DRP for them. they don't normally sign up new shops
Back to top Go down
jonnyberta
Acro Prospect
jonnyberta

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:50 pm

my father and i own a body shop. in order to become a DRP you need to speak with the insurance companies and see exactly what you need to do for them. you have to have basically a section for every aspect of collision repair such as estimates, tear down and assembly, frame work, body work, paint prep, paint booth, and obviously the tools to go with the line of work lol.
another big part of it is man power because they are looking for production, (in and out) quick to make the money and keep people happy they dont want a shop with just one guy because they cant put the volume of work though the shop they want to they would take a shop that has 10 guys over a shop with 2. hope this is some what of a help for ya, if ya have anymore questions let me know
Back to top Go down
daddfrk
Acro Prospect
daddfrk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for the all the input. Right now I am talking with a local sales man that has some used measuring systems trying to get him to come down on his prices a little, also working out the rental agreement for the building. It looks like my best option is to get with Geico and see about getting on there ARX program. Their lowest level of start up is 10 cars a week which would be perfect. They schedule a day for one of there estimaters to be there and schedule all the customer drop offs. There ideal average cycle time is 4 days, and are looking for another shop in our area. I average now 100 hrs a week and my partner is good for about 80 a week, but if need be we will have to step it up. Its a big step for us and have to crunch alot numbers and getting with my book keeper in two weeks to see how everything looks.
Back to top Go down
jonnyberta
Acro Prospect
jonnyberta

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Sounds like a solid! I hope everything works out and goes smoothly for ya and good luck with it all!
If you ever have any questions let me know ill do my best to help ya out
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:03 pm

same here dude. good luck! if you have anymore questions I will be happy to help. I have been in a dealership body shop for 10 years.
Back to top Go down
daddfrk
Acro Prospect
daddfrk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks guys. Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

yaaaaaaaahhheeeeehhh
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male
Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:02 pm

4 yer for me
Back to top Go down
http://[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone own there own or run there body shop?   Anyone own there own or run there body shop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone own there own or run there body shop?
Page 1 of 1