AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Reputable Auto Haulers?

Go down 
+2
Dodge Rob
it_fell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
it_fell

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Reputable Auto Haulers? Empty
PostSubject: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:47 am

I've been looking around online for an auto hauler to get the truck from california to vermont, as a backup plan. my main goal is to get it myself, but want to have things setup either way. i requested 1 quote online, and I've gotten at least 30 responses from various companies. I was wondering if anyone has used a company to get a bagged truck shipped. I'm still going to do research, but would like to hear any good or bad experiences (if any) so I can go in the right direction. Any info would be great. If anything happened to the truck on the journey out here I would feel horrible on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male
Number of posts : 1767
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:02 am

I've done it twice. One time was great, the next time was almost a gun fight. I'm probably wr ong but I think these companies contract it out. They take your info then put it out to all the drivers they use. Then they pick one. It ran me about 650 from texas to south Carolina. He picked it up, and it stayed on the trailer til he dropped it off. The second one didn't go so well and I ended up driving the truck all the way back
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 am

The company was sunshine auto transporters or some shit like that
Back to top Go down
it_fell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:05 am

was that the good one or the bad?
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 am

Good one
Back to top Go down
it_fell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 am

thanks, i'll look them up
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 am

The second one I don't have a clue what thier name was. Short version of the story is, I told him I didn't want the truck unloaded til it was at my house. I put it on the trailer for him, left it aired up. He called me like 3 days later asking me how to get it off the ground. He took it back to his lot, unloaded it and laid it out. Then he told me I needed to find away to come get it because he wasn't going to transport it because there must be something wrong with it lol
Back to top Go down
Dodge Rob
Acro Rep
Dodge Rob

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 am

Hit up dooder. He just shipped his out to the east coast right?
Back to top Go down
Acro RI Rob
Acro Member
Acro RI Rob

Male
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:07 am

I am geetting Dooders truck shipped from Cali to Rhode Island and we went with corporate auto transport, Dooder had used them before to ship his sons car from cali to virginia and the only issues he said he had was it was late. So I went for the same company. They have been in touch right along and said they would have it by by Friday. I will let you know how we make out. The phone # for them is 1-503-995-5267
Back to top Go down
it_fell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks. Ive talked to quite a few so far and theres a handful that I know I wont use just by talking to them on the phone. Let me know how it goes, Im glad to know that I should have A few good optiins
Back to top Go down
JustinAcrophobiA
Acro Member
JustinAcrophobiA

Male
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Try uship.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.rounderslogistics.com
rlr023

rlr023

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

My wife works for a company called united road that can do open or enclosed and that are super strict on their drivers to make sure u get ur truck on time and in the same shape as it left the previous owners house and the ship country wide
Back to top Go down
daddfrk
Acro Prospect
daddfrk

Male
Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm

LMK who you go with and how it works out. I'll probably be needing a company to tansport a truck for me in the next month or two.
Back to top Go down
it_fell

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 am

Thanks everyone. I hope to avoid this rout, but if i have to use it i'll let everyone know who i went with and how it went. I' m definitely going to check into the ones that were posted up. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Acro RI Rob
Acro Member
Acro RI Rob

Male
Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 pm

I can tell you that corporate auto transport did a hell of a job moving the truck and it came in with no damage, but be warned the cops eyed the truck during transport thinking we were smuggling drugs. That is why the truck showed up late, but no damage. Overall happy with that transport company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reputable Auto Haulers?   Reputable Auto Haulers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reputable Auto Haulers?
Page 1 of 1