AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

Chrysler plants closing down for a month

Go down 
+7
Tuckin Eh
SHAVED&LAYED
FRANKIE
msturg
dragginhonda
SKELVIS
xlofnktax
11 posters
AuthorMessage
xlofnktax

xlofnktax

Male
Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Chrysler plants closing down for a month Empty
PostSubject: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm

WKYC.com | Cleveland, Oh wrote:

NEW YORK -- Chrysler announced late Wednesday it will close all of its 30 manufacturing plants for a month beginning Friday.

The company needs to match production to slowing demand and conserve cash.

Tighter credit markets are keeping would-be buyers away from their showrooms, Chrysler says. Dealers are unable to close sales for buyers due to a lack of financing, and estimate that 20 to 25 percent of their volume has been lost due to the credit situation.

Chrysler claims it is nearing the minimum level of cash it needs to run the company and will have trouble paying bills after the first of the year.

Operations at the 30 plants will be idled at the end of shift on Friday, Dec. 19, and will not come back online until Jan. 19, 2009, or later.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=103343&catid=33
Back to top Go down
http://my.stylintrucks.com/joeydubs
SKELVIS

SKELVIS

Male
Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:22 pm

THE PLANT MY CHRYSLER WAS BUILT AT BURNT DOWN........
BACK IN THE DAY, THATS WHY THERE ARE NO PARTS FOR IT AND ONLY 9 OF THE 53 DE LUXE 2 DOORS LEFT
Back to top Go down
dragginhonda
Acro Member
dragginhonda

Male
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:26 pm

^^^no shit?...i didn't know that,learn something new every day Shocked
Back to top Go down
msturg

msturg

Male
Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

makes me want to consider buying a new daily, lol

sucks though that so many places are closing down, GM is doing something real similiar
Back to top Go down
FRANKIE
Acro Member
FRANKIE

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:02 pm

well i guess im lucky ill just drive my beetle around
Back to top Go down
SKELVIS

SKELVIS

Male
Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

dragginhonda wrote:
^^^no shit?...i didn't know that,learn something new every day Shocked

YEAH IN WINDSOR ONTARIO CANADA. ALL THE PARTS BURNT ALONG WITH A LOT OF THE CARS. OH WELL MAKES MY CAR RARE...... BUT NOT WORTH ANY MORE. LOL
NOONE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IT IS, LOL
Back to top Go down
SHAVED&LAYED
Acro Rep
SHAVED&LAYED

Male
Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:40 pm

yeah this really sucks for the people that work there and kind of makes me worry about my job a little since I work at a chrysler/GM dealership. this will probably make it a real pain in the ass for us to get parts too.
Back to top Go down
Tuckin Eh
Acro Rep
Tuckin Eh

Male
Number of posts : 1952
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Yup windsor/detroit not too many happy campers here. Luckily I stopped working in the auto plants years ago.
Back to top Go down
BaggedSplash

BaggedSplash

Male
Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:39 pm

there are alot of places here in Ft Wayne, Indiana that makes parts for cars and they are extending their Christmas shutdown anywhere from 1-2 weeks longer. there is a steering wheel manufacturer next to where i work at and they are shutting down the plant for 30 days except the production line that makes the steering wheels for the Hummer (the military ones). its affecting alot of people here in Indiana really bad. there is also a GM truck plant about 10 miles away from me and they are slowing their production rate down tremondously for the first quarter of 2009.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bodydroppednikes
aintscared
Acro Rep
aintscared

Male
Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah we've got the DANA plant here in Longview that builds the frames for the H3 and Colorado/Canyons and they're shutting down for like 2 months instead of 2 weeks like in the past
Back to top Go down
xdewaynex

xdewaynex

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 am

i work for a toyota factory, and were shutting down for a month. sucks b/c i just started there a week ago. before i clocked out, the boss said hed be glad to have me back on start up. the factory i was working at, hitachi automotive, are getting ready to start giving employees buy outs where things are so slow. they made alternators, hybrid batteries and throttle bodies and other parts for gm, nissan, toyota, ford and chrysler.
Back to top Go down
Silver Jogger
Acro Member
Silver Jogger

Male
Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 am

the chrysler plant in my town shut down for good today, gonna have a major domino effect on the community
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrysler plants closing down for a month   Chrysler plants closing down for a month Empty

Back to top Go down

Chrysler plants closing down for a month
Page 1 of 1