AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

New old guy from Texas

Go down 
+13
bagged69c10
acrocory
pinstripin'mikey
aintscared
JOEY SOPRANO
MikeOinAcrO
mightygreenrang
AcroFarmer
Acrocody
whytry85
xxxxcjxxxx
STEN_(AA)
Acroghost
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Acroghost

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-08

New old guy from Texas Empty
PostSubject: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 am

Some of you guy smay remember me, some of you may not. My name is Chris and I disappeared from the club almost 2 years ago when I sold my S-10. I got out of the loop, lost interest in any sort of shows or the lifestyle in general, and in turn let a lot of my Acro brothers down....many of which are no longer with the club. I had another project S-10 in full swing and was keeping it a very tight lipped secret in hopes of debuting it at Heat Wave 2008, but soon lost the will to dump a ton of money into something I would never get it back out of, and some of the members of the club got good deals on parts (Dustin with his Intros!) With this being said, I still don't have anything worth showing, nor even running an Acro logo on ('07 TBSS & 97 Sonoma work truck), but would still like to say hey to my fellow Acro brothers that would remember me, Diego, Dustin, Mike-O, anyone else I'm leaving out who was around in '06, and also hey to the new brothers in my area (TXK). And just in case everyone needs a refresher course to remember the old truck, I will post a pic.....just for old times sake.

Chris

New old guy from Texas Ff211

Last edited by Acroghost on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STEN_(AA)
Acro Prospect
STEN_(AA)

Male
Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:59 am

Profile set to private.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sten_d_slammd_1
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:10 am

Hopefully I fixed it

Chris
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:46 am

welcome back man.. get that TBSS layed out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 am

Dude I wish I could do that, but it takes quite a bit to get them to lay, and I don't want to spend the cash on it. I'd rather spend that money on making it faster.

Chris
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:19 am

air cylinders up front and sleeves in the rear and you'll be adjustable...

thats all that was done to Mikes old TB:

New old guy from Texas 871733536_l
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
whytry85

whytry85

Male
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:22 am

i remember seeing that truck at turkey drag 06 for the first time... bad ass truck!
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 am

If I were to bag it, I would do the new Shockwaves designed for the SSR's and TB's, then do a custom set-up in the rear, not bag over axle like it is now. But, the thought hasn't crossed my mind because I want to keep it as hassle free as I can.....the most I'll do to the suspension is toss on some Belltech struts with DJM arms, and adjust the rear bags to level it out which will net me with about a 2" drop on top of the SS suspension. Now if I happen to inherit a large chunk of change these plans would change, of course.

Chris
Back to top Go down
STEN_(AA)
Acro Prospect
STEN_(AA)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:21 am

Oh yeah I remember that dime! Looked good!
Back to top Go down
Acrocody
Acro Member

Male
Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

wow chris glad to see you back, saw your dime for sale a few weeks back, the guy wanted 15k, didnt you sell it for like 8?
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 am

Sold it for $9500 to a guy in Colorado. Do you have a link to the for sale ad?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 am

Hey Brandon, where are you stationed on Ft Stewart? A guy I work with is there doing some work on the Bradleys on Engineer Road. I might be there in a couple of months after I complete my training.

Chris
Back to top Go down
STEN_(AA)
Acro Prospect
STEN_(AA)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I am with 3BSB, our motorpool is off of McFarland Ave. I am not familiar with Engineer Rd.
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Cool deal! Now that I'm working with some of the sights in the Bradleys it gives me a whole new respect for the things the soldiers do on a daily basis.

Chris
Back to top Go down
AcroFarmer
Acro Rep

Male
Number of posts : 3017
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:31 pm

whats up chris, and welcome back! what happened with your crew cab, trade it for the TBSS?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/danielcfarmer
mightygreenrang

mightygreenrang

Male
Number of posts : 768

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I saw your truck at TD 06 too. Didn't you work in downtown texarkana for awhile?
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male
Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:49 pm

what's up chris? long time no hear from.... lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mikeoinacro
JOEY SOPRANO
Acro Prospect
JOEY SOPRANO

Male
Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:30 pm

whats up chris ...bro that truck is the best looking DIME i ever seen ...glad to see u check in family
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Farmer- Yeah I got rid of the crew cab in place of the TBSS and I have regretted it ever since. The truck would have looked good with a 2-4 drop on some 24's vs the SS that is going to have to stay stock for a while.

Geoff- Yeah man I used to work at Lone Star downtown. If I remember correct, you and Juan used to hang out back 5 or 6 years ago, correct? I think I remember your truck with the flames on it, right? Glad to see someone in the area carrying the Acro logo!

Mike-O- You're right, long time, no talk! But hopefully now I can be in the loop at least a little bit. But my interests have moved from being flashy and show-worthy, to being more into the speed side of things. Speaking of which, since you're in Longview, have you or anyone you know there done any business with East Texas Muscle Cars on McCann Road? I wouldn't mind at least running over there one day and making a run on the dyno just to see where I'm at ya know.

So-Cal guy (not sure if you're name is Joey or not)- Thanks for the compliments. I had a very bittersweet relationship with the truck, and miss it dearly. My main regret is building it to show and not to drive. If I am ever able to build another one (keep in mind I DO have a good candidate in the DD) I will stop at bagging it and not doing a BD or silly motor swap. I will gladly take a super clean DD over a spotless trailer clean any day from my past experiences.

Now if Cody will let me know where he saw it for sale at I can get to sleep. I'm anxious to see what it looks like a year and a half later.

Chris
Back to top Go down
MikeOinAcrO
Acro Rep
MikeOinAcrO

Male
Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm

yeah, that guy is almost across the street from my ex inlaws. i pass by it all the time. my ex father in law (who i get along with) knows him well and so does my ex wifes husband. (who i also get along with well lol) he does some bad ass work from what i here. it's a small shop behind his house but there's always vettes and gto's sittin out there. i passed by about 2 hours ago and he only had 2 gto's and a couple of other cars outside so he may be gettin caught up. lol when you do hola at me, i'd like to go over there with ya. my number is 903-452-8112
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mikeoinacro
aintscared
Acro Rep
aintscared

Male
Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Hey buddy yeah we know the muscle car guys pretty good. Cj with the blue fullsize that has worked at every parts store around is best friends with him and does alot of airbrushing on his vettes and gto's.
Back to top Go down
whytry85

whytry85

Male
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

the guys named is stephen and does decent work....give him a call....
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 am

clean truck man...i remember that. welcome back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
mightygreenrang

mightygreenrang

Male
Number of posts : 768

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Acroghost wrote:

Geoff- Yeah man I used to work at Lone Star downtown. If I remember correct, you and Juan used to hang out back 5 or 6 years ago, correct? I think I remember your truck with the flames on it, right? Glad to see someone in the area carrying the Acro logo!

Chris

Yup that would be me. I see your old silvy rollin around too.
Back to top Go down
Acroghost

Male

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Is that truck still even around? Last I knew a young guy here in Atlanta had it but he sold it. Any idea who has it now?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from Texas   New old guy from Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

New old guy from Texas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next