AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!

Go down 
+3
will ferrell
LAYINGNUTZ
earned inkome
7 posters
AuthorMessage
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-09-06

do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Empty
PostSubject: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 pm

i have a misfire in cylinder 4 and i changed spark plugs and wires and took coil pack from another coil and still cylinder 4. so i checked my compression and it is 100 and the others are 150. so i put a little oil in the cylinder and the psi went to 150. do i need a new engine or rebuilt?
Back to top Go down
LAYINGNUTZ
Acro Rep
LAYINGNUTZ

Male
Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Sounds like your rings are shot.. What motor is it? 5.3? U can get those fairly cheap. Probly like 800 bucks for a whole used motor. Call LKQ...
Back to top Go down
will ferrell
Acro Prospect
will ferrell

Male
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 am

sounds like rings
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 pm

i was tolded also that it can be an injector? yeah it is 5.3 and it only has 119,000 miles. the engine doesnt knock or nothing it runs okay, but only when it idles if idles rough then normal then rough again.https://i.servimg.com/u/f15/17/78/63/33/freaks11.jpg do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks12
Back to top Go down
robby floyd
Acro Member
robby floyd

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-05-19

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Sounds more like a fuel issue then rings to me. If your rings was going you would have noticed it smoking by now most likely.
Back to top Go down
LAYINGNUTZ
Acro Rep
LAYINGNUTZ

Male
Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Ive also seen it be a collapsed valve spring.. That would explain the low compression but oil in the cylinder makin the compression jump sounds like rings to me..
Back to top Go down
TorkiT
Acro Member
TorkiT

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 pm

do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks11
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

sorry for all the questions man. but i am lost with this thing. i just changed the injecters and still cylinder 4 is misfiring, but it does run and idel a lot better, i also heard that it could be my o2 sensors?do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks13
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male
Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Is it throwing any codes?
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male
Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 am

they also act funny when the fuel pump is going bad. it'll have just enought pressure to keep it running but not as much as it needs. you may wanna check to see if you are getting accurate fuel pressure.
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 am

as far as the compression issue that sounds like rings
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 am

if it isnt rings it could also be a valve issue or a valve spring issue.
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:45 am

the only code it throws is the misfire thats it in one cylinder, and it doesnt smoke no sound it just idles ruff then it idles smooth. do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks14
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 am

id have your fuel system pressure checked bro.
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 pm

ill try that fuel system and i sure hope that works thanks mando i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks15
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 am

i know those fuel pumps are notorious for going out in those trucks. hope ya get her fixed buddy.
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 pm

yeah thats what i heard about them fuel pumps. thanks man and i hope i get it running good for the shows coming updo i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks16
Back to top Go down
drock123
Acro Member
drock123

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm

me to bro........ good luck.
Back to top Go down
earned inkome

earned inkome

Male

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:10 pm

thanks homie i will need it do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Freaks19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!   do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it! Empty

Back to top Go down

do i have a bad engine or what can i do to fix it!
Page 1 of 1