AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

North Texas Newb

Go down 
+11
laid720
Andrew B
The Geno
keith
SelfBuiltRods
TurkeyDrag
shithead
NWA STEVE
TorkiT
rojo
Isaac3384
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Isaac3384

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-10-14

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Isaac. I'm working on becoming an AA Prospect, but need to do a few more mods. I showed up at the North Texas meeting today with Shawny B, Geno, Hector, and Shawn, who are all The most recent north Texas prospects. I grew up in the Orlando, Fl area and moved out here about 5 years ago. I've had a few bagged trucks, some static dropped trucks, and a few lifted trucks.

I currently have an 04 F350 King Ranch.
Mods:
8" Fabtech Lift
6 dual reservoir shocks
05 18" King Ranch wheels
37x13.50x18 Super Swamper M16 tires
Touch screen pioneer head unit
Kenwood 5 channel amp
JL component sets in the doors
JL 10s behind the back seat
EGR delete and oil cooler upgrade

[img][/img][img]North Texas Newb C500373D-E35E-41F7-A2AB-F6E1A4252CCF-10041-0000106702C1A9B2[/img]
Back to top Go down
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male
Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2008-09-14

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Welcome bud. Can't wait to have that as the first lifted truck in my chapter
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anaandrojo
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Same here! I talked to Shawny B for a while tonight, and I'm thinking that we're going to start on the bumpers after the first of the year. I'm going to start ordering my new grill and headlights soon (upgrading to the 05 paintable grill and 05 black Harley Edition lights). I'm also on the lookout for an 08 tailgate (it doesn't have the 'bubble' by the tailgate handle, and 'super duty' is stamped at the bottom) and 08 LED taillights (reverse lights are at the top instead of the bottom).
Back to top Go down
TorkiT
Acro Member
TorkiT

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2012-06-06

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Sounds like a plan man. The truck is looking good Issac.

North Texas Newb Boomerjacks
Back to top Go down
NWA STEVE
Acro Prospect
NWA STEVE

Male
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2012-05-27

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:02 pm

looks like someone isnt afraid of heights lol. love the truck man
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks Tony and NWA Steve.

I conquered that fear years ago, but I've been known to have a relapse or two. I've gone between lifted and bagged trucks for years...lol
Back to top Go down
shithead
Acro Rep
shithead

Male
Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-08-13

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:18 am

nice truck. welcome
if I be leave there was one lifted truck in the club awhile back
Back to top Go down
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am

yes I went through the pics on the server and we've actually had a couple in and a couple prospects
Back to top Go down
TurkeyDrag

TurkeyDrag

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-09-17

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:56 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male
Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2010-01-30

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 am

Paint rims?
Back to top Go down
http://[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 am

Isaac3384 wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm Isaac. I'm working on becoming an AA Prospect, but need to do a few more mods.

Its all coming keith Acrophobia
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks guys.
I made sure with Rojo that lifted trucks were acceptable before I even went to the meeting. He showed me a pic of a red and black super duty on coilovers and 53" Michelins that was a member. That's a little big/extreme for my taste for a street legal ride...lol
I'm not going to paint my wheels, and especially not these. Since these are a stock offset, my tires rub the leaf springs when I turn. I'm considering a few different wheels, but I haven't decided which ones to run. I will have a full size spare with a one-off spare mount on the bumper. It will be similar to what came stock on the Broncos back in the day. It will swing out so my tailgate is still fully functional. I'm gonna get with KP Concepts about doing a rendering for me soon.
Back to top Go down
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am

No he was asking if you were going to add wheels and paint your truck. I spoke to keith directly about your plans that we discussed yesterday and it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

Ooooohhhhhh....lol...
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

Wheels, grill, tailgate, taillights, bumpers, and audio upgrades should all be done by around memorial day 2013. Paint is going to take a while to save for.
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male
Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2010-01-30

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Kool bro going to look good
Back to top Go down
http://[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=
The Geno
Acro Member
The Geno

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-10-12

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am

Thats a huge bitch..
Back to top Go down
Andrew B
Acro Prospect
Andrew B

Male
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-07-29

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:09 am

welcome nice truck. i love the seats in those king ranchs
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks, so do I. I'll probably have them dyed a different color by the time it's all said and done. The interior was one of the reasons I bought the truck...lol

I've decided that my suspension needs to be reworked for a better ride. I made a trip down to Lake Charles, La. over the weekend for a wedding (with a short trip to Last Resort that was completely unplanned. A guy noticed my KIK hat and told me it was only about 30 min away.), and my back hurt like hell after 5 1/2 hours on the road. The leaf springs have to go. Any recommendations? I'm considering a 4 link with coilovers or bags. I really don't want to go much taller than it already is, considering I have a girlfriend and 3 kids to haul around from time to time, but an extra 3-4 inches won't hurt Smile
Back to top Go down
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

Isaac3384 wrote:
but an extra 3-4 inches won't hurt Smile

Thats what she said LOL ok now with that out of the way I say 4 link and 2800 bags. Would be mean as shit
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:26 pm

I agree, but my main concern with bagging a lifted truck has to do with steering. I know that as long as my track bar and my steering link are parallel, there won't be any bump steer. But, if the distance is altered drastically between the frame and the axle, it will either turn my wheels, or my steering wheel...I think...
Back to top Go down
rojo
Acro Rep
rojo

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm

By geometry you are correct but wouldnt you lower your steering somehow ( I have no idea but just makes sense) like your whole rack then lengthen your steering shaft?
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

The way it is set up now is with a drop bracket for the track bar and a drop Pittman arm off of the gear box. The arm that ties to the Pittman arm ties to a bar that is connected to both steering knuckles. Keeping it a non-adjustable lift would be the easier thing to do, but probably wouldn't ride as good.

Although, if I were to run coilovers, I could mount them on the link bars, acquire more travel, and get a little better ride quality...

The only way I see that it would be possible with bags is if I went full hydraulic for my steering and take the mechanical link out of the equation. That shit is expensive. Lol
Back to top Go down
Isaac3384

Male

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am

I just got off the phone with the guys at Ballistic Fab in AZ, and they make a kit that is substantially cheaper than a Kelderman kit, but appears to be just as well built. Their base kit runs $7,000. Looks like I'll be piecing my own kit together over the next 6-8 months, and maybe by then Geno will have a lift in his shop and we can get started next fall/winter. In which case, it would be rolling out to LST 2014. At that point it would only be lacking paint...hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

North Texas Newb Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Texas Newb   North Texas Newb Empty

Back to top Go down

North Texas Newb
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next