AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

side ways mount licence tag question

Go down 
+6
Adam
Dooder
bdpaco
1Bad90
wickedkustomz
gmsierra2000
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

side ways mount licence tag question Empty
PostSubject: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:07 am

wats the deal with the law? i just maed my plate for side mount my plate on my tailgate, but im hearing that you cant have them side ways it has to be mounted straight? wtf let me know scratch
Back to top Go down
wickedkustomz

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

idk ive had one before on my bagged 95 s10 looked good i never got fucked with about the cops but this was like 3 years ago so idk now
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:23 pm

somebody gotta know, it going to be one of my mods to my truck and my attitude about it if it is illigal is probably going to be fuck it ima do it lol
Back to top Go down
1Bad90
Acro Member
1Bad90

Male
Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Never Mind... Im a dumbass. I havent seen anyone have it sideways in TX. There are plenty of people with in a angle.

Last edited by 1Bad90 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bdpaco

bdpaco

Male
Number of posts : 861
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I had mine at an angle at one point, and while the truck was parked in my yard a cop stopped to tell me it had to be straight or he would ticket me when he saw me out...I think it will depend on how much of a prick the cops in your area are...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gobigcustomphoto.com
Dooder
Acro Nomad
Dooder

Male
Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 pm

how big are your balls?...
Back to top Go down
http://showtruckscene.com
Adam

Adam

Male
Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 pm

I was wondering the same cause I want to put mine sideways to.
Back to top Go down
AcroPozzi
Acro Rep
AcroPozzi

Male
Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:29 am

i had mine on an angle on my s10 waaaayyy back in the day and never got fucked with but were talkin 10-12 years ago. i always got popped for plate height off the ground
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 pm

i know in fla., its supposed to be 12"s off the ground and in the center most rear of the truck. but ppl get away with it all the time. its more or less if u wanna try and see how the local cops are gonna handle it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:14 pm

i dnt drive the truck much, only for shows or if i wanna cruse to work, but most of yall are right it depends on the cop that stops you, i wonder why is that little tilt on your tag such a big deal, its not like they cant read it.........
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:15 pm

either way tilite or straight on your tailgate it still looks cool as hell, wat yall thank?
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Dooder wrote:
how big are your balls?...

most say i have elephantitus balls, i dnt know if thats big enough, wat u thank? Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

I agree if trailers can have theres sideways why can't a truck
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:04 pm

wat you thank low89ranger should we go for it and say fuck the law? lol cause my truck my tag ima do wat i want for it,
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 am

I'm gonna do it on my I don't drive it all the time just to shows.
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:08 pm

i hear yahh bro i jus made my tag box at work the other day thats y i posted this so i can go head and do the do lol
Back to top Go down
pinstripin'mikey

pinstripin'mikey

Male
Number of posts : 943

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 am

i mounted mine in the bed, it kinda floats over the suspension, i kept gettin pulled over all the time....then again im a cop magnet too
Back to top Go down
http://www.rodsandstripes.com
rcisneros
Acro Member
rcisneros

Male
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey brother well im an inspector and in the book doesnt say anything about angle of the plate. just as long as it has a light and readable..
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:31 pm

very good to know, oh well law or no law bro im doing it but of corse i plan on putting a tag light, they jus wanna make money so the pick at us, they never pic at my sid mounted tag on my bike cause they could never catsh me but since im low n slow its a different thing
Back to top Go down
acroRUSS-D
Acro Rep
acroRUSS-D

Male
Number of posts : 474

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:29 am

I hope it is not illegal. I am getting ready to mount my full skin and it has a canted plate in it. It will look exactly like mine now, just without the tailgate and all smoothed out and shaved. It is only at a slight angle, nothing drastic, so it might not get noticed as much as if it is comepletly turned up. I have heard that FL changed the law a Year or so ago, so checking with a local Cop might not be a bad idea. Or even call the DMV and ask them, that way you don't allert any local cops to what your doing Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://russ-d.smugmug.com
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm

sounds good, where did u get ur skin from do you have pick of the tag mount?
Back to top Go down
wickedkustomz

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 pm

i need to find out were im gonna mount my tag my tailgate is shaved smooth and i wanted a smooth rollpan because s10's are bad about ripping rollpans off id like to mount it on the bed behinde the cab but idk any idea's?
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:21 pm

yeah i thank ima do the tag actuator out of the tailgate now, im not wanting to give free money to the law about a dam tag mount so ima do the motorized tag out of the tail gate
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Hell yeah man it will look sick
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:49 pm

it will once done, gota fing actuators, i herd of people using antenna actuators to do that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: side ways mount licence tag question   side ways mount licence tag question Empty

Back to top Go down

side ways mount licence tag question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next