AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

In AR looking to join.

Go down 
+19
Slapnuts1975
MikeOinAcrO
Mikegm99
1Bad90
CountryBoy
SACKTCIVIC
Adam
d50dragger
keith
MICHIGAN MIKE
gmsierra2000
toolow4phathoe
shithead
bagged69c10
ImRichBitch
SelfBuiltRods
screwdriver
rojo
MrsNewVegas
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

In AR looking to join. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:17 pm

hey its all in good fun, nice trucks though, i love old school trucks alot
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-11-08

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks. I like my trucks like I like my men, older than me haha tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/MrsNewVegas
CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:57 am

MrsNewVegas wrote:
Thanks. I like my trucks like I like my men, older than me haha tongue
Nice trucks, but hopefully not too much older then you. lol!
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male
Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 am

SelfBuiltRods wrote:
I have really seriously taken offense to all this. Instead of just saying "welcome to the board, it's nice to have you", we have basically beat a dead horse. Definitely NOT the way to present ourselves to a potential prospect. I understand "if you can run with the big dogs stay on the porch" mentality, but geez guys don't you think it's a little immature to badger someone who might actually have a packed schedule over some damn pictures?

Relax homie. Its not out of the norm to ask for pics, is it?
Back to top Go down
MICHIGAN MIKE
Acro Rep
MICHIGAN MIKE

Male
Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 am

Trucks look like they have great potential, collecting parts is part of the fun. good luck and be patient. It will all come togeather for ya if you want it bad enough. I got over 5 years into my build and still aint done. lol. Acrophobia
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:02 am

KLOCKWORKmike wrote:
Trucks look like they have great potential, collecting parts is part of the fun. good luck and be patient. It will all come togeather for ya if you want it bad enough. I got over 5 years into my build and still aint done. lol. Acrophobia

I have only been collecting parts for about a year now so I'm not too far into this. The '67 will definitely cost more and take more time than the '84. I'm pretty sure the only parts I need are valves, fittings, compressors, air tank, fuel cell, switch box, gauges, and 2 bags.
Back to top Go down
SelfBuiltRods
Acro Prospect
SelfBuiltRods

Male
Number of posts : 1070
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 am

KLOCKWORKmike wrote:
SelfBuiltRods wrote:
I have really seriously taken offense to all this. Instead of just saying "welcome to the board, it's nice to have you", we have basically beat a dead horse. Definitely NOT the way to present ourselves to a potential prospect. I understand "if you can run with the big dogs stay on the porch" mentality, but geez guys don't you think it's a little immature to badger someone who might actually have a packed schedule over some damn pictures?

Relax homie. Its not out of the norm to ask for pics, is it?

Asking for pics IS normal. The repeatedly asking for them is a little much don't you think?
Back to top Go down
gmsierra2000

gmsierra2000

Male
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:59 pm

yoo no one ment any dis respect to her bro, aparently she still here and even she took it as a joke, she a cool girl and we should be too, that is over with lets show her som love and drop that convo lol
Back to top Go down
CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 am

gmsierra2000 wrote:
yoo no one ment any dis respect to her bro, aparently she still here and even she took it as a joke, she a cool girl and we should be too, that is over with lets show her som love and drop that convo lol

Hear Hear!!!
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:30 pm

In AR looking to join. - Page 3 Img-2010
Got a set of 20s, not a bad start!
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:34 pm

I was going to buy SMC 3/8" valves, but some people in this area were giving me lots of shit. They say I need to use GC 450 or 350 valves, but I've never even heard of them and have yet to read any good reviews on them. Which would be best? I don't want any that will lay it out too fast with it being my first truck.
Back to top Go down
keith
Acro Rep
keith

Male
Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 pm

i love smc
Back to top Go down
http://[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:31 pm

The main issue I've heard with SMC is that they can't handle as much pressure. They can handle like 150 and GC can handle up to like 450?
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male
Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:27 pm

MrsNewVegas wrote:
The main issue I've heard with SMC is that they can't handle as much pressure. They can handle like 150 and GC can handle up to like 450?
SMC can handle 200 all day. Doubt your going to build that c10 to hop so you should have no problem.
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Slapnuts1975 wrote:
MrsNewVegas wrote:
SMC can handle 200 all day. Doubt your going to build that c10 to hop so you should have no problem.

I'm definitely not trying to hop it! My ex, and basically all of ST-AR, ran GC and liked them, but I don't know anyone else that runs them. They're a little more expensive than SMC, too. Another thing I'm not sure about is how many valves I want. I'm thinking either 4 or 6?
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

MrsNewVegas wrote:
Slapnuts1975 wrote:
MrsNewVegas wrote:

I'm definitely not trying to hop it! My ex, and basically all of ST-AR, ran GC and liked them, but I don't know anyone else that runs them. They're a little more expensive than SMC, too. Another thing I'm not sure about is how many valves I want. I'm thinking either 4 or 6?
You can run 2 on the rear and just t the bags. On the front its always good to have independent control on each side. never know when you may have a particularly hefty friend in the truck with you, Have to bump his side a bit LOL.
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Lol so 6 will be plenty then. Still not sure about the whole SMC vs. GC thing though. Question
Back to top Go down
SACKTCIVIC
Acro Prospect
SACKTCIVIC

Male
Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

i run smc 1/2 inch in the front off my civic and i ran 200 psi on them for like a year and iv never had any problm with them' i run 175 now as it was to violnt on the car and i can still get it to hop of the ground on 175
why would you want to run any more thn 200 psi and 450 dam that is an over kill but thats just my thghts' i know some air tanks are only rated to 200 psi
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm worried 1/2" will be too fast for me, so I know I want 3/8". SMC is probably what I'll end up buying since everyone here seems to like them. Only have one good opinion on the GC, so I'm just not sure they're worth the extra money.
Back to top Go down
SACKTCIVIC
Acro Prospect
SACKTCIVIC

Male
Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:21 pm

all depnds what u want it to do at the end of the day i wantd mine to be fast when i first did it and now im not that kean on it bing that fast as its not good for the car
I think of the top of my head that when i put GC's in to a customers car 4 years ago i had to run relays to get them to work someone correct me if im wrong i dont have a very good memory
Back to top Go down
ImRichBitch
Acro Member
ImRichBitch

Male
Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 am

I would say 3/8 line should be fine I have 1/2 on the van and I hate how fast it goes up. Its a pain trying to just raise up a little while driving as fast as it is now. I would use 8 valves the first vehicle I had that had electric valves only had 4 and got a ton of bodyroll, not sure about running 6 valves never have so I have no opinion on it.
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 am

I bought 25' of 3/8" and 25' of 1/2" line a while back because I was unsure which I needed. And I figured six would be a good start so that if it rolls too much I can always add more valves, rather than buy 8 from the get go and not like it. I was going to buy electric compressors, too, and a shop I talked to told me I needed to use an engine driven. I've never cared for engine driven and only know one person that has one, and they told me not to use one. I'm looking at getting a dual pack of Viair 480s.
Back to top Go down
Slapnuts1975
Acro Member
Slapnuts1975

Male

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am

MrsNewVegas wrote:
I bought 25' of 3/8" and 25' of 1/2" line a while back because I was unsure which I needed. And I figured six would be a good start so that if it rolls too much I can always add more valves, rather than buy 8 from the get go and not like it. I was going to buy electric compressors, too, and a shop I talked to told me I needed to use an engine driven. I've never cared for engine driven and only know one person that has one, and they told me not to use one. I'm looking at getting a dual pack of Viair 480s.
Engine driven is the way to go if your going to play with it alot, it airs up so much faster than anything else. With a set of 480s after you raise it up you gotta wait a few minutes to get pressure up high again to play with it. Ive run 480s on a bunch of vehicles, they're dependable and work well, just not to fast.
Back to top Go down
MrsNewVegas

MrsNewVegas

Female

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 am

What are some good engine driven compressors?
Back to top Go down
BEAU
Acro Rep
BEAU

Male
Number of posts : 832
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:19 pm

York. a/c compressor from old 70's & some 80's Fords and some other various vehicles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In AR looking to join.   In AR looking to join. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

In AR looking to join.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next