AcrophobiA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomewwwLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This forum is closed. Please register on the new forum at www.therealacrophobia.com/forum

newbie needs suspension advise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
John34683

John34683

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-09

newbie needs suspension advise Empty
PostSubject: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Im woking with an 89 s10 extended cab. I bought the truck with a 3 inch drop blocks in the rear and a 3 inch drop up front. The problem im having is the previous owner didnt notch the frame in the rear at all so whenever i hit a bump it slams the frame into the rearend. I purchased a set of bolt on mini notches and plan on installing them in the next week or two. I plan on eventually putting bags all the way around and a 4 link in the rear, but like everything else in life, parts take money. Am i able to put bags on my rear leaf springs as a temp fix? if so how do i go about doing it? Im new to the bag setups and all and so please excuse my ignorance if some of my questions seem kinda dumb. What is the difference between the air cylinders and the air bags? i have seen both types of setups for my truck. I want to use the truck as a daily driver but with the way the suspension is right now it just makes it impossible to drive everyday without a back brace (especially when my wife drives, she seems to find every little bump and dip when she drives and always manages to hit them at a faster speed then I would advise). Thanks for your help guys. After reading some of the other posts on this board i am sure that I will get plenty of great advice. Im sure that this board will be the backbone of my truck build. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
xxxxcjxxxx
Acro Rep
xxxxcjxxxx

Male
Number of posts : 4924
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:43 pm

save the money and do it right the first time.. throw a mini - bolt-in c-notch in the rear for now till you can afford to get that rear done right.. a lot of good guys in your neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acrophobia.net
oldsklminitrk
Acro Prospect
oldsklminitrk

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Honestly I think CJ is right dont waste the time doing that when your gonna change it again....gotto the junkyard get some factory bump stops trim them down and put them back in place so you dont get that horrid noise and beating of the rear axle...That should carry you till ya get a rear notch in place.
Back to top Go down
John34683

John34683

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for the help guys, that was the direction i was leaning but i just needed a little push. I finally got the truck up off the ground a few minutes ago so that i could take a better look at it and it looks like he (the previous owner) took the rubber off the bump stops so it is just metal slamming metal. On top of that he took the front shocks out completely so that would explain the roller coaster ride whenever i hit a pebble in the road. Will stock shocks still work on the front end or do i need to buy drop shocks? Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Mikegm99

Mikegm99

Male
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:10 pm

3" drop in the front? you can get by with the stock shocks... and when the time comes i would stick with regular bags of cylinders or air struts for your truck. For a dailly driver with a simple setup, no need for the other stuff, and bags are cheaper on ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie needs suspension advise   newbie needs suspension advise Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie needs suspension advise
Page 1 of 1